Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this originally in the Acadia forum just because of higher traffic purposes:

I just accomplished my first oil change on my 09 Outlook - I've been reading up on issues and paid particular attention to the oil filter change with the oil leaking down onto the motor mount. I was concerned about this and thought I'd try a little improvising to prevent the oil spill, and wanted to share my success.

I used a cut out empty 1 qt oil bottle, a small funnel, and a tube attached to the funnel.

Placed the cut out bottle directly underneath the oil filter deflection plate - bottle top facing forward, and placed the funnel directly under the bottle opening. I placed a 12 inch hose on the end of the funnel to make sure the oil made it down to the drip pan (found out while looking at the pictures that it wasn't really necessary unless the wind is a concern).

I had NO oil escape my improvised oil "channel"

Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, thanks ALOT Wingmn! I have been pondering this exact detail lately, since it's about time I get to change the oil myself on our new Outlook. I asked the service guy who has changed the oil for free for us the last 2 times now, and he said "you just gotta clean it up afterwards". Not near as much cranial aptitude as yours.
Thanks again for sharing!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're welcome, and thanks :) I originally got the idea from the saturnfans website - the modified oil bottle was actually for my 93 SL2, so now I can use it for both vehicles. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I just stuff a towel up there to catch all that oil, just cram it up there and leave it for a few minutes...works great and it's simple!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I keep a roll of aluminum foil in the garage. I can custom make a drain bed for all my vehicles and don't have to worry where I put it for storage. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts