Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light came on my 2010 Outlook, and the codes where 3,4,6 misfire. Car is running fine any help please!!!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
@RyanZ71, under normal circumstances this is something that should be covered under the 5 year/100,000 mile Powertrain limited warranty. In order to know for sure you’ll need to have a diagnosis performed from a GM dealership’s service department.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but it will cost me $95 just for them to check it out. If its not covered and its something as simple as changing coil packs out or plugs then I just wasted 95 for nothing.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Print this thread with the GM Customer Service person saying this is normally covered under the PT warranty. Three cylinder misfire isn't likely a coil pack or bad plug. One cylinder, maybe, three no.

Bottom line, if the root cause is covered by the PT warranty, the diagnostic fee would be covered to I believe. If the root cause is out of warranty, then it wouldn't. I assume you're outside the 3/36K B2B?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@salguod thanks for the info I will have to give them a call than and ask them about it. The codes were reset and they have not come back yet and the wife says the car is running fine. So maybe it was just something in the fuel and now its clear.

·
Registered
353 Posts
@salguod, you’re correct; if it’s found to be something covered under the Powertrain warranty the diagnosis fee should be covered as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is a single cylinder coil pack under the power train wnty?

·
Registered
353 Posts
@Wingmn, from my understanding, no, the coil packs are not covered under the Powertrain warranty, but you’ll want to confirm this with the warranty manager at your local GM dealership.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks! The coil pack is being covered by my extended warranty, I just had a cyl # 3 misfire, my power steering pump died this past Friday, and I'm getting the service air bag TSB done as well. Might be getting the intermediate drive shaft as well if it is confirmed bad, the ex warranty co won't cover if its just making noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts