Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neat information
As a reference point- I always like to see my MPG- from my house- to about the same location on the highway- about 120 mile distance to Santa Barbara.
These MPGs are verified with DIC and hand calculation- they are always very close… VERY close. No question about the DIC accuracy- plenty of threads on the accuracy of my DIC.
Its always- gas up and immediately hit the highway- and do all highway for many miles.

Case 1-
3 on board.
(mommy, 1 yr old with baby gear, and I).
55 MPH-

Case 2-
6 on board (mommy, 2 yr old, 6 month old, grandma, great grandma, and I- and plenty of gear)
55-60 MPH

Case 3-
8 on aboard(mommy, 2 yr old, 6month old, grandma, great grandma, sister, her hubby, and I)
65-70

We drive past Santa Barbara and then head on into the mountains as we pass the Vandenberg Air Force Base.
Once we do some hill climbing and sightseeing in some streets- MPGs drop- that’s a given.
But I like to gas up on part of the way back and recheck MPGs…

On the last trip with 8 on board… (529 mile round trip)
I gassed up in San Luis Obispo- and drove home- this time doing a little more 65-70--- with 70 being done a little more.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Very nice :thumb:. I wonder if the single exhaust has something to do with it?

rb, question for you, are you able to see if the transmission mount for our Lambdas has oil in it or is it a solid rubber pc? Mine is got some oily watery stuff around it, almost like it's leaking. It was really slushy yesterday and maybe some slush got up in there and did something like nock some old oil out from some of the work I've had done.

Thanks, six

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, I dont know.
Not sure Ive seen the trans mount.
Ill look for it next time im under there

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Thanks rb, I'd post a pic but for some reason I'm not able to anymore on any of the forums.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
youd have to do it via photobucket.
I believe the sites are out of space for hosting pics.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
rbarrios said:
youd have to do it via photobucket.
I believe the sites are out of space for hosting pics.
OK, I have a photobucket account but I can't figure out how to post the pics on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts