Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my Outlook to my local dealership for service on Monday my service rep said he could get back to me on wed at the latest, well here we are on Friday and after I called him 5 times (getting voicemail full message) he finally called me back 10 minutes within the Dealer closing he calls and says "Well it looks like you are going to need a new transmission the Wavy started to grind and clogged the whole thing up, it's not really worth the time oh and the front and back axles need to be replaced and those aren't covered by the warranty". I don't really know what to expect on the axel price but I know I just dodged a $3,000 dollar bullet! They were also "kind" enough to give me a loaner car after quite a bit of coaxing after all my Outlook is our family of 7's only car. They gave me a Buick LaCrosse "Premium" Sedan with e-assist and the "Experience Buick Package" I must say it is petty nice but with the almost $40,000 sticker price it makes my well equipped Saturn look like chump change. The seats are rock hard and so is the ride :-[. But once again I an eternally grateful they gave me a car at all! Just a fair warning to anybody thinking about buying a LaCrosse :D ;) I miss my Outlook already! :'(

·
Registered
203 Posts
How many miles on the truck and what kind of driving, city, highway or mixture in %. My waveplate went at about 140k, mostly 85% highway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
electbc said:
How many miles on the truck and what kind of driving, city, highway or mixture in %. My waveplate went at about 140k, mostly 85% highway.
Issues started at 105,000 but stopped, then started back up again at 107,000-ish. Mixed driving probably 75% city. I assume mine went faster because the car shifted more often. I hope the Service Department at my dealer has enough sense to replace or at least ask me about replacing the faulty wave plate in the new tranny. It was my understanding that even the "New" referb units had the faulty plate as well. Then again if it fails again it will be my warranty company's problem... :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts