Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me say that my wife and I love this vehicle better than any other SUV we have owned. ( tahoe, xterra, element ) I am a certified master tech but no longer a tech for a living. We love everything about it from handeling, styling, hwy fuel milage, interior comfort, and versatility. I just wish it had not been to the shop six times in the first 12,000 miles requiring 4 rental cars all for a week or more. Problem 1 - a/c did not work the day we took delivery ( shoud have asked for another one ) brought back to dealer the next day they had it for a week while we drove a suburban rental. Problem 2 - tire pressure sensor leaking ( spare tire is a joke ) brought to dealer given a tahoe to drive picked up two days later tire was flat next morning. brought back to dealer this time left them the tire for a week and drove outlook on spare. Problem fixed. Problem 3 - noticed transmition leaking while doing the first oil change. checkd the level and it was low. added fluid and brought to dealer. got a rental ( p.o.s. haundai ) replaced tourque converter seal. got back in a week. Problem 4 - front end makes popping noise when turning - dealer has looked at it several times with no fix. Problem 5 - very loud nocking noise from tranny all speeds all the time - dealer had car for two weeks ( rental was a chevy compact p.o.s ) replace broken flywheel. Problem 6 - pocket on dash will not open and there is an engine surging at idle on cold start. needs to go into shop for this now.

I told myself after the Tahoe, which had many problems, that I would never buy GM again and I should have listened.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well this is a disturbing post. I, for one, appreciate hearing about experiences like this. However, it certainly doesn't do much to reinforce the decision I've made to spend $40k on this vehicle. Is there a Lemon Law in your state? Certainly sounds like it would qualify.

The vehicle I'm replacing with the Outlook is a Mitsubishi Montero Limited (full size). I purchased it new and it now has over 157k miles on it. Until recently the vehicle has had very few to no problems. Still 100% reliable just starting to show its mileage with little things. And burning oil which is not so little.

RE: GM, I really, really want to buy American with my next SUV purchase. I've looked at pretty much everything (domestic and otherwise) and decided on the Outlook. I feel good about that decision. However, if there is a big quality gap between a GM built product and their many competitors, it will be many, many years before I consider them again.

Good luck fireblade, check into that Lemon Law.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This could happen to any car make and/or model. As a former certified master tech you should know that. I have an 02 Tahoe that has ran fine since i bought it new in 02, literately no problems. My wife drives an 07 Outlook and it has been running good. just hit 10,000 miles since we bought in April of 07. Also, I can actually go back to 1989, when i bought my red hot convertible Iroc Z, car is still running. Gave it to my nephew, same engine and all... I will admit the tranny was rebuilt, but over 100,000 miles of some speedy driving since 89, it was a given. GM makes great vehicles, very competitive to imports these days. i live in America, i am buying American! Not to get anyone riled up and or offend anyone, I just do not understand people you hate American cars, i love the American classics, but that is my thing. I saw this the other day and just did not understand, An American flag being waved, but in a foreign automobile...???? Well, that is the great thing abut the US i guess, we have the freedom to do what we like, withing the law that is...

Sorry, did not mean to go on with this, but rcdice is right, definitely look into the lemon law. It is their to protect you... good luck and hope all goes well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lemon law only applies to having the same problem three times within one year. It does not apply to different problems each time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SilverXR said:
This could happen to any car make and/or model. As a former certified master tech you should know that. I have an 02 Tahoe that has ran fine since i bought it new in 02, literately no problems. My wife drives an 07 Outlook and it has been running good. just hit 10,000 miles since we bought in April of 07. Also, I can actually go back to 1989, when i bought my red hot convertible Iroc Z, car is still running. Gave it to my nephew, same engine and all... I will admit the tranny was rebuilt, but over 100,000 miles of some speedy driving since 89, it was a given. GM makes great vehicles, very competitive to imports these days. i live in America, i am buying American! Not to get anyone riled up and or offend anyone, I just do not understand people you hate American cars, i love the American classics, but that is my thing. I saw this the other day and just did not understand, An American flag being waved, but in a foreign automobile...???? Well, that is the great thing abut the US i guess, we have the freedom to do what we like, withing the law that is...

Sorry, did not mean to go on with this, but rcdice is right, definitely look into the lemon law. It is their to protect you... good luck and hope all goes well.
I did not say I would not buy american, just not GM products. You have to admit I gave them a fair shot after having so many problems with the 2003 Tahoe ( three transmitions and two complete front end replacements - all tirods and balljoints ) within 30,000 miles. I still purchased another GM product hoping the quality had improved but now I am stuck again. I do not feel the problems I am having are with the engeneering of the vehicle I think it was poorly assembled.

Get me once shame on you, get me twice shame on me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
And I have had zero problems with any of my GMs. My 2001 Sierra is just like the day it was purchased, we have had 4 Saturns, the Outlook being the 4th, and I feel that they finally got it right, a real classy vehicle. And from the first line in your post you love this vehicle too. Sorry you had problems, I wouldn't be happy about that, and it would leave a sour taste in my mouth for GM products.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That really sux fireblade. My 2007 Outlook XR was a June 07 build date, and I have had no problems whatsoever. I can't understand how I can have such a flawless vehicle and some people get such lemons...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JF7FSU said:
That really sux fireblade. My 2007 Outlook XR was a June 07 build date, and I have had no problems whatsoever. I can't understand how I can have such a flawless vehicle and some people get such lemons...
poor quality control. People no longer taking pride in what they do. Not to mention a company that is on the brink of going broke. GM is in real trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts