Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loaded 2007 Outlook XR (sticker was 41K), purchased February 2007. This vehicle had every "extra" I wanted when purchased, including luxuries like Navigation and HID/Xenon headlights, remote start, 19-inch tires, etc., and some I didn't want and will never use like the trailering package. I live in Pennsylvania. I've taken my family of five on two road trips to Minnesota and another to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We've used our Outlook for zillions of 3-mile trips to the grocery store and 50 mile jaunts to America's second largest shopping mall. We've packed our Outlook to the gills with our kids and their friends and with luggage for five. We've driven in snow storms and monsoon-like blinding rain on the highways and byways.

We've never had a water leak, even with the dual sunroofs, or an engine or tranny leak. We still have the original 19-inch tires. We've had only one problem with our Outlook: at the 11,000 mile mark, a horrible load noise began to emanate from somewhere. The noise was motion dependent. That is, at idle it was barely perceptible. Turn the wheel while moving at highway speeds and it was unbearable. I took it in and was told it was the power steering pump making the noise. They replace it, no charge. That was in 2007. The problem has not returned.

The Outlook is a wonderful, safe, extremely comfortable and luxurious family vehicle. I still don't like the tranny, though, even after three software updates. Maybe that's nitpicking.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an 08 with 28k(used it for long work commutes for awhile) and i have no complaints as well. I am a little picky with the tranny too. While i like it, my fiance's ford freestyle has a CVT which is very smooth. it also doesnt rev up when the pedal is medium pressed which is nice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I for one, am glad you two above took the time to post some positive, long term, success stories with this vehicle. As someone who has made the decision to order an 09, it is a refreshing change from all the bashing that typically goes on, on these boards. Most people, when completely satisfied, are just that. Happy with nothing to complain about. While I certainly feel for the folks with problems, especially major problems like cams and such, it does make you start to second guess your purchase decision.

Thanks for the GOOD news! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
rcdice said:
Well, I for one, am glad you two above took the time to post some positive, long term, success stories with this vehicle. As someone who has made the decision to order an 09, it is a refreshing change from all the bashing that typically goes on, on these boards. Most people, when completely satisfied, are just that. Happy with nothing to complain about. While I certainly feel for the folks with problems, especially major problems like cams and such, it does make you start to second guess your purchase decision.

Thanks for the GOOD news! :)
I second Plainsman's comments. I also have a 2007 XR AWD one, bought it last year with 10 K miles as GM executive demo with all options and extracts except engine block heater. I have already put 10.5 k of my own miles and have not had a single issue. We just love it ! Drove from Ontario to Florida and back, survived 7 major snow storms last winter, AWD works great - it just goes. Mileage on the highway only a bit worse than my Odyssey before but sill can get 22.5 mpg average with 5 people and AC on. It tows my travel trailer with no problem and can swallow plenty of stuff from Costco :) It looks really cool and drives great. My only complain is the tranny calibration but I got used to it (planning to do the May 8 rev. software upgrade this week - will see). I switched to Mobile 1 synthetic oil at 12K and still have 36% oil life left - low maintenance.
There is always a chance to get a less than perfect vehicle- my 2003 Odyssey had issues but this is why you have warranty. I believe GM really has a hit with the Lambdas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts