Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week my trusty and wonderful Saturn dealer had their line taken away from them and all affiliation with Saturn discontinued by GM. All the vehicles are being sent around the country and the closest dealer is now 2 hours away in Lubbock. They say this may only last for 6 months until GM figures out what they are going to do, but it may not come back. They are now just a used car dealer and still have their service department - with all staff still aboard - but they can no longer do GM warranty work ( and they say that there sales have picked up by just doing used cars and trucks).

I now have to use a Chevy dealer ) because the GMC dealer won't/can't work on Saturn's because GM wont let them (which is bull because GM released all GM dealers from not being able to work on Saturn's back in January). I would prefer to have the GMC dealer work on my Outlook because they have been working on the Acadia's since 07 and understand (ha, ha) all the problems with the first two years of the Lambda's. I called the Chevy dealer to have some recall work done, but they won't even set up an appointment until they look at my Outlook because they only know how to work on the new 09 Traverse. Fortunately the service manager from my old dealer is talking to the Chevy dealer to explain what needs to be done and the parts needed (the old Saturn dealer has all the parts and will have to sell/transfer them to the Chevy dealer so that I don't have to wait 6 weeks for the parts).

I can understand if you have 2 Saturn dealers in a town, closing one of them, but when a town only has one and the next closest is 2 hours away it doesn't make any since, especially when the other GM dealers don't want to work on my Outlook! :cry:

I am not as worried about my wifes 08 Aura since the 08 Malibu is basically the same and the Chevy dealer already knows how to work on them.

Just thought I would vent, since I don't do it that much, but as usual, GM is making some dumb decisions again, and I don't usually complain about them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Let's hope they return in six months.

The owner of my local Saturn dealership also owned another in the next town. With sales down 50% he couldn't afford the overhead for both. I was lucky. He closed the one in the next town and not the one a few miles from my house and work.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
k, that stinks. Saturn dealer had their line taken away from them and all affiliation with Saturn discontinued by GM. What does a dealership do wrong or whatever to have this happen to them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts