Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need info. on installing gentex mirror/camera & bkupcamera 2010 outlook

Wondering if anyone has any wiring info. for Outlook 2010 XE to connect a Gentex-657 mirror and rear bkup camera without breaking rear gate panel in process. It has on star so the jack will connect, just hope it will wk with bkup camera? Would appricaite any info.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: need info. on installing gentex mirror/camera & bkupcamera 2010 outlook

I haven't done one of these yet. Normally the harness/plug is the same as what's inside the car. So, the only thing you will need to do is run the cables for the camera to the rear hatch. The grommet at the top of the door is large enough to snake the harness through.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

i hope the cables are there because it wont make sense to make one model with and another without, since i checked out the fuse box and it has a power camera fuse in place already. I just have to find the calble location.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The shop auto manuel can be bought through helm publication. The cost $150.00 for 3 volumes. Great if i had a shop. toll free num 1800-782-4356 in case anyone can use it.

·
Registered
161 Posts

I doubt the cables will be there. I have a loaded XR and the only option missing is the rear camera. I had the rear hatch apart to replace the chrome trim and there wasn't any extra wires in there. I too have a fuse already in where the "camera" fuse is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The wires are located at the hatch, remove rubber boot and pull the black tape back to find rear camera hookup harness. 4 wires total. 1 lite pink(camera signal+), 1 pink, 1black and 1lite blue(camera signal -). My problem my camera only a yel viedo, and red wire. Anyone have any ideas? Saturn Outlook XE 2010 equip with on star, mirror Gentex 657.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Well the Gentex unit is an aftermarket system that is retromade to work with some of the factory stuff such as Onstar. When I did one of these kits a few weeks ago I had to run the cable from the camera all the way to the mirror for it to work. There was no pre-ran harness there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts