Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long and drawn out ordeal with GM about my water leaking 07' I finally got it replaced with a new 09' XR :thumb: I brought it home the other night and threr is a few things that are different, or well not like the 07' but there are things that make up for it. The 07' had a glove box light, some nice aluminum pieces on the rockers, cup holders behind the center console, 10 speakers. The audio system in this 09' has 6 speakers and sounds alot better than the 07' with the advanced audio 10 speakers ??? Mostly little stuff like that. The 09' has the DI engine :thumb: back-up camera :thumb: All in all I think the 09' is a nicer SUV, it has the dual DVD's in the headrests and we still got one with a sunroof because we really like to use it and I hope by now all the kinks are worked out ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
So how about the driving? Can you tell a difference between the '07 and the '09? Is it any better or different? Did you ever get any of the reflashes for the '07?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't really tell a difference in driving since it's only got a few miles on it, but I hope to put many on it. I did have the first available tranny flash done on the 07' and that helped a bunch. The DI in the 09' feels a little more responsive, but I need more driving time to tell for sure.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something else that is really cool is the guage sweep, my 07' did not have it. I did notice that some of the materials used in the 09' are different like the carpet and there is now some cloth on certain parts of the leather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does your XR have chrome tips on the dual exhaust? I was just at a Saturn dealer today and I noticed that some of the XRs had mufflers that looked like the single muffler on a XE.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
mioutlook said:
Does your XR have chrome tips on the dual exhaust? I was just at a Saturn dealer today and I noticed that some of the XRs had mufflers that looked like the single muffler on a XE.
While all the XR's have dual exhaust, only if you get the touring package (towing) do you get the chrome tips. At least that is how my dealer explained it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No chrome tips :sosad: My 07' had them and looked cool. I knew this 09' did'nt have them and I thought that I would get some really nice S.S. tips, but they will not work cause the pipe that comes out of the muffler is a 90 degree bend and cut flat so there would nothing to bolt to. I guess welding is an option but I did'nt want to do that so I think I'll just leave them the way that they are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lzwhb2 said:
So how about the driving? Can you tell a difference between the '07 and the '09? Is it any better or different? Did you ever get any of the reflashes for the '07?
there is nothing difference in that 07-09, there's something wrong about..

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
6Sixathome said:
Can't really tell a difference in driving since it's only got a few miles on it, but I hope to put many on it. I did have the first available tranny flash done on the 07' and that helped a bunch. The DI in the 09' feels a little more responsive, but I need more driving time to tell for sure.
When I first posted this there was only 40 miles on the OUTLOOK--so basicly no drive time, now with 900 miles on it there is a noticable drive and handle difference that I can tell, way more responsive and tighter steering/suspension. I still have to get it on the freeway and let it breath. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just traded my '07 Acadia with 49,168 miles. I loved this car and had very little problems with it and they were quickly fixed at the dealer. I ended up with an '09 outlook this time. I only have 800 miles on the new one but there is a significant difference. It rides and handles much better. It seems to respond a little better. Quieter and the radio, both base models , is a 100% improvement over my '07. Even the guy who delivered it, did not buy local, said that I would like the Outlook over the Acadia and he drives both all the time for deliveries all over the SouthEast US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am at the beginning of my arbitration process and can't remember if you leased your outlook or were purchasing it. I think that will make a difference when it's my turn to negotiate. I really want out of my car, but am open to all options they will throw at me. I still have water leaks after 4 visits and now windshield cleaner is coming though my 4th row dome lights and not outside the car. How decent were they? Did they adjust your payments? That is my biggest concern.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts