Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
salguod said:
That really stinks that you've had so many issues and that they showed up after the lemon law protection had expired.

The new Explorer shares nothing with the old. The old was a traditional body on frame SUV. The frame had more in common with the Ranger than anything else (although it had evolved quite a bit from the Ranger). The new is a unit body, much like the Lambdas, and is similar to the Flex and the old Freestyle/Taurus X under the skin. It's really 'all new' with the exception of engines and the name.
Probably and 3rd MY (2013) Explorer would be the one to get, hopefully all the bugs have been worked out by then. I really like the new style!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Probably and 3rd MY (2013) Explorer would be the one to get, hopefully all the bugs have been worked out by then. I really like the new style!
Who knows we may be in line with you on the 2013 Explorer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw one on the road today and thought it looked more like a mini-van. I was however surprised to see the mpg it gets and the engine it has. I had a 96 Explorer that I put over 200,000 miles on and currently drive a 04 Mountaineer that I have 126,000 miles but this looks totally different. From Fords website.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
We did look at the Explorer and even took a test drive. There are a couple things, it does not have the room the Outlook had and I didn't like the drive line running through the middle and putting that hump there. I guess I got use to there not being one in the Outlook, and for that matter there isn't one in the VUE either.

Plus the storage behind the third row of the Explorer, there isn't any.

We did get rid of the Outlook, but we went into the Buick Enclave and so far I absolutely love it, including the driver's seat still rocking a tad bit. Getting use to it and as long as it doesn't get any worse, I may just deal with it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts