Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used Outlook three weeks ago, 110,000 one owner, all services maintained on schedule, but now I feel like I jumped the gun by buying it without doing my homework. Its always been one of my favorite looking vehicles and when i saw the deal and carfax history i felt I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Now it just seems i read ALOT of negative feedback, are these vehicles so unreliable? I have other high mileage vehicles and never had problems, including a saturn SL1 with 330,000, saturn SL2 170,000, Toyota Yaris 150,000, Toyota Prius 95000, (own all these at the moment). Just wondering if anyone has any high mileage Outlooks that haven't had problems with them? I'm at a point I'm almost afraid to take a road trip in it. I appreciate the feed back. Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you came on this forum to read about ratings then you are reading more about problems and solutions which owners are having. This forum is all about keeping our trucks running well, identifying problems and finding solutions. There are several items which come up time and time again.
Some year vehicles have one issue other years have other issues. I have a 2008 and i am approching 200,000 miles now. My issues have been 3-5-R waveplate, rebuilt on my dime. Power steering pump and then rack, both on my dime. There was extended warranty to 120,000, but mine went after.
I had milkshake oil and water in air intake issues, but no more, truck has been running well for 3 years now. I also replaced the throttle body when I got that situation cleared up by doing the PCV mod.
I just had an airbag connector under the seat go bad, I repaired as per updated recall which my truck was not a part of, at least not yet.
A few emmission valves go which are pretty easilly replaced, minor stuff. I had to replace some tire pressure sensors because the salt on my winter tires corroded the stems, keep them clean after a snowstorm. If you have a sunroof make sure that you keep the drains clear, water inside can create electrical problems if it gets on the fuse block by glove box.
Other than that is it a great truck, change the oil when or even before you should. I am hoping to get at least another 50,000 miles.
What year do you have and what recalls were performed as well as other repairs.
Not too many people come on here just to say how satisified they are with their vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I really enjoyed my 2008 in spite of the issues. Best of luck with yours!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2008 is by no means a "set it and forget it" vehicle - about 90k miles and I've put about 30k of those on myself (well, my wife LOL). I love it but there are some small things that have happened (airbag indicator the most costly but the recall helped with that - my dealer worked with me on it). To answer your question about what you got yourself into, if I had a chance to buy another one that had decent mileage at the right price, I would not hesitate, knowing what to look for and what to ask about. Enjoy one of the classiest SUVs of its time ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had an '04 Vue and loved it. When we needed something with more room and the Outlook was available with low mileage, we purchased it. Other than the leaky sunroof causing issues, it's been a great SUV. Currently has 160K on it and runs great......except when the leaky sunroof causes issues, which it just did.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts