Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about that time for me to start looking at doing the front brakes and possibly replacing the rotors and bearings in the process. I am looking to see if anyone has a parts list to include the correct type of bearing grease and tools required before doing this job. This isn't my dads 75 gran torino so any advice would be great.

:cheers:
:beer:
;D
:drunk:

Will

·
Registered
252 Posts
Something makes me think that the bearings are integral fo the hub and can't be replaced alone... whole new hubs for rotors, I did mine last spring with Raybestos ART rotors and Akebono ceramic pads (reportedly makes for GM).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I changed out my rotors yesterday. I went with an aftermarket Wearever front and rear as well as the Wagner Thermo Quiet ceramic. The original rotors lasted 138k miles, so I can't complain. For anyone thinking about doing it yourself... Go for it. Just a little bit of advice, there is a stupid little screw on the rotor that takes a T-30 to get out. You may also need a rotor puller if it has been a while since last serviced. My parts ran me just over $300. This is far better than the $850 my dealership wanted to charge me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I went with OEM parts bought from Rock Auto.com
The part numbers were:
1771063 for the rotors and 1711067 for the pads. No service on bearing needed. Its a sealed hub unit.
Tim C.
theclarkfam said:
It's about that time for me to start looking at doing the front brakes and possibly replacing the rotors and bearings in the process. I am looking to see if anyone has a parts list to include the correct type of bearing grease and tools required before doing this job. This isn't my dads 75 gran torino so any advice would be great.

:cheers:
:beer:
;D
:drunk:

Will

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did my brakes at 40K, 4k miles ago. Resurfaced rotors, 1 resurfacing/turning is all the rotors are good for. Ordered OEM pads off Amazon. Only problem I am having is the ABS clunk noise when getting out of driveway, my 09 seems to be a late 08 because I don't hear/read of any 09 that are having this issue(Along with a purge valve sensor that is not the same as the ones listed online at GM parts dealership sites). Need to take it in to get reprogrammed, but don't feel like paying $119 for dealer "diagnostic fees" again. Had to pay that recently when airbag light came on. It was the second third time I took it in for that. Seems like they finally got it fixed right.

Edit: It was actually my third time taking it in.

·
Registered
353 Posts
jcarm75,

Keep us informed if you do go in to the dealership to get your Outlook reprogrammed. We're available to provide any additional support we can if things aren't resolved promptly for you.

Sarah (Assisting Will)
GM Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts