Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! This is my first post on this forum. I am looking for advice on new tires. I have a 07 GMC Acadia with 255/65r18 on it. I am looking to see if anyone has modified their size to get more options of a tire? I am considering purchasing a great deal on a set of 265/60R18 with a better speed rating and are basically a better tire than the OEM Forteras that are currently on it. Please let me know if anyone thinks I would have any issues with changing the tire size. Other than my speedo might be off a little bit....

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
You will find long discussions on the Acadia, Traverse and Enclave forums. Do a search on there and you should be able to find your information.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the larger 265/60-18 Fortera Tripletreads and have been very pleased with them. I was stationed in KY and had to drive on a lot of snow and ice that winter. The Fortera Tripletreads are a HUGE improvement over the HL's.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I got about 1500 miles on the new tires and they still look new, still quiet and ride nice, hopefully they stay like this. They do however like to pick up small pebbles and keep them in the tread.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We just put on Michelins, LTX MS2 265/65 18 for $998. I have a set on a GMC pickup I own and love them, ride great and super quiet. There is a web tool that you can put in your size and another to see the difference here: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I also used the Acadia forum and the specs on TireRack to get close to size and revolutions.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Silver07XR said:
I went with the larger 265/60-18 Fortera Tripletreads and have been very pleased with them. I was stationed in KY and had to drive on a lot of snow and ice that winter. The Fortera Tripletreads are a HUGE improvement over the HL's.
Likewise I have a great appreciation for Tripletred's that I got for my '05 Pontiac Pursuit. The OE tires were absolute garbage in any road conditions. Don't even get me started on that... But the Tripletred's were awesome. There's now a 'revised' version of the Tripletred (call it 2nd generation if you will). I will be up for tires soon enough for the Outlook and Tripletreds are certainly up for consideration.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
BigTallV said:
Likewise I have a great appreciation for Tripletred's that I got for my '05 Pontiac Pursuit. The OE tires were absolute garbage in any road conditions. Don't even get me started on that... But the Tripletred's were awesome. There's now a 'revised' version of the Tripletred (call it 2nd generation if you will). I will be up for tires soon enough for the Outlook and Tripletreds are certainly up for consideration.
How are those on price?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I still can't believe the prices that I am reading. I got the Cooper CS4 from discount tire for 460 out the door and love the these tires.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
theclarkfam said:
I still can't believe the prices that I am reading. I got the Cooper CS4 from discount tire for 460 out the door and love the these tires.
How many miles do you have on your Coopers? I read on the ACADIA forum a while back that a couple owners had bought Coopers and did'nt like them. The Contintal tires I bought are brand new to the market so I thought I'd give them a try for the team, IDK they may turn out to be crap, I hope not but there's always the chance. I dont think I could do much worse than the stock GY Forterra's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sixathome said:
How many miles do you have on your Coopers? I read on the ACADIA forum a while back that a couple owners had bought Coopers and did'nt like them. The Contintal tires I bought are brand new to the market so I thought I'd give them a try for the team, IDK they may turn out to be crap, I hope not but there's always the chance. I dont think I could do much worse than the stock GY Forterra's.
Sorry for the Late reply Sixathome. We just got back from our latest road trip and have just over 30K on them now. They are getting noisy like I am starting to have a bad wheel bearing and I know they they will not make it past 40K which I am ok with since the price of them was cheap and the place I bought from gave my tires a 80K warranty so I should be getting some discounted tires ;D So in the mean time I am going wait and read to see what everyone has to say about the other tires out there are see how they fair. I am also looking at the contenentals as a possible replacement unless the tire companies come out with something else.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Just noticed this tire post.

I am a huge Michelin fan. Will not be needing any tires on my Enclave for around 3 or so more years yet with the 20" wheels right now Michelin does not make that size...bummer.

I have Michelin on the 03 VUE and love them. Have had them on a couple other cars in the past and cannot say enough about them.

Right now we will be needing to get a set of tires on my husbands 350Z and I just priced a set of Michelin's for $1016 plus shipping through "tirerack". So looks as if that will be the route we go and I can have them shipped direct to the shop who will be doing the installation of the tires.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sailfish said:
Just noticed this tire post.

I am a huge Michelin fan. Will not be needing any tires on my Enclave for around 3 or so more years yet with the 20" wheels right now Michelin does not make that size...bummer.

I have Michelin on the 03 VUE and love them. Have had them on a couple other cars in the past and cannot say enough about them.

Right now we will be needing to get a set of tires on my husbands 350Z and I just priced a set of Michelin's for $1016 plus shipping through "tirerack". So looks as if that will be the route we go and I can have them shipped direct to the shop who will be doing the installation of the tires.
That is cool that you have found a company that will ship to the shop. I will have to research that as we are going to need to replace the tires on the Tahoe by October of this year. They are brand new, but they are horrible in the snow as we found out last Friday. LOL

Our GMC truck that we traded in had Goodyear tires and loved them, but hubby is going to be getting Kelly tires this time.

How the Enclave doing? Are you still enjoying it?

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
GM Customer Service said:
That is cool that you have found a company that will ship to the shop. I will have to research that as we are going to need to replace the tires on the Tahoe by October of this year. They are brand new, but they are horrible in the snow as we found out last Friday. LOL

Our GMC truck that we traded in had Goodyear tires and loved them, but hubby is going to be getting Kelly tires this time.

How the Enclave doing? Are you still enjoying it?

Enclave still doing great, except for that darn drivers seat rocking again. Like I said after it showed up for the third time I am not going to get it taken care of until I have to get the oil changed again.

I will admit I do not know about Kelly tires and as I said I am a huge fan of Michelin so that will be what we will go with.

Hope you are enjoying your Tahoe.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sailfish said:
Enclave still doing great, except for that darn drivers seat rocking again. Like I said after it showed up for the third time I am not going to get it taken care of until I have to get the oil changed again.

I will admit I do not know about Kelly tires and as I said I am a huge fan of Michelin so that will be what we will go with.

Hope you are enjoying your Tahoe.
I apologize, I thought you had already gone in for the oil change; my bad.

I don't believe I have ever had a vehicle that had Michelin tires on it. I might have to research them.

We love the Tahoe and the dog likes to go for rides now. Come to find out she didn't like the close quarters in the old truck. WEIRD!!

·
Registered
214 Posts

Tirerack also allows free pick up at their warehouses. There are several around the country, and I know their South Bend, IN facility is one. They do not install tires however. You could save the shipping costs if you stop and pick them. Since you order and pay online from out of state, I don't think you would have to pay any additional taxes either.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
ls973800 said:

Tirerack also allows free pick up at their warehouses. There are several around the country, and I know their South Bend, IN facility is one. They do not install tires however. You could save the shipping costs if you stop and pick them. Since you order and pay online from out of state, I don't think you would have to pay any additional taxes either.

Thanks but driving to South Bend....think I will just have them drop shipped to where we will have them installed. Picked up his 350Z tonight and while he and our NEW mechanic (who will be working on the Nissan from now on) took a spin I talked with the owner of the shop.

He was the one who suggested Tirerack and he also said if I am going to go with Michelin (which he really likes as well) might as well just put the summer weather rated tires on it. Makes sense after all it isn't driven during the winter. We priced them online and heck I can get them for just over 800.00 a set plus shipping.

I forgot to add that yes there would not be any sales tax charged on the order to be shipped. Not sure how much shipping is though but at least some of it is cut by the tax savings.

·
Registered
44 Posts
After 36,000 miles my cooper CS4's just took there last trip to the tire store. They had 3/32 tread depth left but the biggest reason for getting new tires was one of the tires had tread seperation in progress. Now I am the owner of a set of Contenenal LX20's eco's. I am wondering how long these will last.

:cheers:
:beer:
:drunk:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, they have a 70K warranty, so even if they don't last any longer at least you get almost half your money back. :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
How are the tires after all this time? any road noise?

sixathome said:
I bought these and so far so good, $841.00 out the door installed and they are the correct size! http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=CrossContact+LX20+with+EcoPlus+Technology&partnum=565SR8CCLX20&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Saturn&autoYear=2009&autoModel=Outlook tiresfast cars XR FWD&autoModClar=&autoMake=Saturn&autoYear=2009&autoModel=Outlook XR FWD&autoModClar=

I would stay with the with the correct size. JMHO :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts