Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are buying a 2008 XE the one my wife likes has no options on it. I had picked up a 2 slot radio from a 2009 traverse. I figured I would pick up a factory monitor and installing both. Anyone know if this wll work? I do not have steering wheel control if that helps?

·
Registered
754 Posts
hmmmm. interesting question...
I do know- that theres a member on the Traverse forum-- that just upgraded from a regular factory radio... to a BOSE factory radio...
you might want to go on over there and post/ask if he had to have dealer program anything- so that the computer recognizes the radio....

He posted on this just today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really helpful! He can't type or take pictures :). Well I just ordered a service manual for the outlook. I really just need a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It will work but will be very expensive. You will need the VIN number the new radio came out of then give that to your dealer. Then they have to "learn" it to the new car. Also, you will have to buy a new headliner from what I have seen to get the needed GM specific cables to run from the roof to the radio.

I was planning on selling my OE DVD system in my XR to my friend that has a 2010 Acadia but because you can just get certain pieces I doubt I'll attempt it. I like the new plug and play system from Rosen that has a very nice OE looking NAV touch screen and then you have the choice of a 10" flip screen or 2 7" headrest monitors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts