Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have about 6000 miles on our Outlook..We absolutely love our SUV..The only fault I had with my car was the way the tranny felt..It almost felt like sometimes I had mud on my tires...Weird shifting patterns..like it wasn't sure when to shift.. especially when going uphill it would go from 2500 RPM to like 8000 and feel like the engine was gonna blow..I got a flyer in the mail this month saying the Saturn Had a NEW engine and trany software update..I took it in and WOW it is a different machine..I cant tell you enough how much difference I can feel in the overall performance not to mention the better fuel economy now... It shifts so much smoother. :blob: :clap: :hyper: :pickme:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had mine done today. Can't wait to see how it works out. I am hoping for better milage, I am only getting 12.5-13.5.

Mark T
Chicago

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know how I can tell whether the software has been applied on my vehicle? I've had my '07 XR for a couple of month but I'm not sure when that fix was available and whether that was applied at the dealership before I bought it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't notice any difference whatsoever....I wonder if my dealership knows what they are doing. Maybe I should try it again at another dealership....
Key1

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm scheduled for the engine/trans update this Friday. The service advisor performed a NVH (national vehicle history) and the computer added the propeller shaft campaign. So I'll drop the Outlook off and they will have a rental for me. I'm hoping for a seamless return.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
dshannac said:
Does anyone know how I can tell whether the software has been applied on my vehicle? I've had my '07 XR for a couple of month but I'm not sure when that fix was available and whether that was applied at the dealership before I bought it. Thanks in advance.
I believe they started applying the newest update in late August/early Sept at dealerships. You should get a letter from GM about it if it hasn't been applied (I would think).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the ECM update in September for my '07 SE. It fouled my odometer until I had it redone in October. Something about the ECM being done without the TCM being done at the same visit. I hear it's a rare problem, but I'd reset your trip odometer and keep an eye out on the tenths of a mile rolling by. I got 3 times as many miles as I should have between those 2 visits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts