Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Outlook XR, 153,000 miles

Things on the front passenger door do not work:
- electric window will not operate from either the passenger door or driver's door control
- side mirror adjustment
- lock does not move (when I shift into Park)
- the lock switch on the front passenger door does not operate any of the locks
- the passenger heated seat does not work (the driver's side heated seat does work)

Things that do work on the front passenger door:
- the electric seat does work
- the door speaker does work

Any thoughts on where to start?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also just realized the interior dome light does not come when I open the front passenger door.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you have an accumulation of water in the conduits leading from body to doors, you're officially in the Leaky Lambda club. Disconnect all four conduits from the body. Let them hang down to drain. Shake out any remaining drops from each. Reconnect each conduit to the body. Clip a small hole in the bottom of each conduit *without* nicking any of the wires. This will prevent future accumulation. Hopefully a day or two later the connectors will be dry enough for all door functions to work.

Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally narrowed it down! When I wiggled the connector from the door that connects to the main vehicle, I was able to make it start working! So the problem is in that connector. Has anyone replaced or repaired that and can give me more information on how to and what the cost might be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a bad ground in the door to body connection . I ended up cleaning the connections and putting electrical grease on it. That solved the problems . good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts