Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been just over a year since the engine fiasco and happy to report no issue with the Outlook until tonight. Wife was driving home from her cousin's baby shower and a deer jumped into the road in front of her. She and my daughter are fine but the Outlook is hurting. Hood is bent, Passenger side fender is messed up, passenger headlight is gone... front bumper cover busted, grill is damaged, radiator bent but not leaking from what I could see in the dark and some front end structural damage. Not sure if the aftermarket oil cooler is damaged, shop says probably won't have time, with Thanksgiving coming, until the end of the month... and apparently wife never added rental coverage after the last Outlook issue, OY. Time to get the Vue out of mothballs and make her road worthy again, so we can get where we need to. Happy Holidays to us... Now I get to sit and wait for the estimator to look at it and see what it will cost to fix and how long the wife will be without her Outlook. :eek:hno: :eek:hno: :eek:hno:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Estimator called today $6100 bucks damage, no pun intended. Trying to upload pictures, but forum isn't working with me.

·
Registered
754 Posts
use photobucket

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the body repairs are done and they are aligning the front end to wrap up the repairs and on the way back to the collision shop, the Outlook starts to hesitate and when they finally get back to the collision shop they can't get it into reverse. Now the 3-5 R Wavy plate has struck and struck hard, gonna need a new tranny on top of the damages from the deer, when it rains it pours. So here I am Christmas day still waiting to get our Outlook back after what will end up being around $10,000 dollars of work. And oh by the way Vin #'s not in the range for the extended coverage and 2010's are not covered in the original extension of warranty... so we are on the hook for a bit less than half of the tranny repair. Working with GM customer service to see if there is anything they can help us with. **** I just want this over with so I can get back into my truck and the wife can have her Outlook back, with its year old engine and brand new tranny and sheet metal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts