Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, English is not my mother tongue. Thanks for your understanding!

I bought my 08 XE Outlook a few times to the dealer to get things fixed. One of these things was my optional driver electrical seat. It needed to be fixed since it was squeaky/bumpy operation. The day before my visit to the dealer, I got a phone call from a lady telling me that they ordered the passenger side rail instead of the driver side rail!!! :banghead: An hour later I got another phone call from the manager telling me they ordered the driver side rail.... and that everything is OK!

I got the rail changed.... My seat went OK for a few weeks but it is squeaky again!

How can I make sure they really changed the rail on the driver side and not only put oily stuff in there (WD40, Jig-A-Loo, etc...) only because they ordered the wrong rail from GM.
Is there any way to go to a dealership an get an official list of pieced changed on our Outlook?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Tell them before they do the work you want to see the part they removed/replaced and have them explain what was wrong with it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There's a thread on the Acadia forum for 'squeaky' drivers seat. Some have mentioned their seat is 'bumpy' too. There's a mixed bag of results, some claim all that was needed was lubricating the tracks. Others had the tracks replaced. On the Acadia forum, use the search box of the main page and use search term "squeaky seat". Top few results should help you out.

The dealer should be able to readily identify what parts were replaced (if any) and that should be indicated on your work order/invoice - warranty or not. Any removed parts are likely dumped into the trash bin. You have to advise the service department if you want the old parts returned for your viewing pleasure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts