Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Oil Life

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  VMMVMMM 
#1 ·
I had my last Oil Change at 9,000 miles back in Late January. I am currently approaching 15,000 miles and my Oil Life shows 40% remaining. If I base my next change on this Oil Life reading, my mileage will likely be around 18K or more before my next change (over 9000 miles). So, do I wait until the system tells me to change my oil? What have others done?

#2 ·
I am following the DIC, since that is what it is there for. Contrary to what your dealer tells you, you don't need to change every 3000 miles, unless of course your DIC indicates that you need to which will depend on how the engine was used. Engines and oils have gotten better and don't require the maintenance they once did. I know it is tough to trust the DIC but I am at 32% and 5,000 past the last change. Besides, if you do follow the DIC and a problem occurs it will be covered under warranty.

#3 ·
I change the oil at approximately every 6000 miles. Which puts me at about 33-45% oil life remaining.
I use Mobil 1 Super Syn.
I also rotate the tires during the 6000 mile interval.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.