Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people think of this service. I didn't think much of it since I have a cell phone and Saturn gives us 5 years roadside. That is until I discovered this turn by turn navigation system that downloads to the radio screen. What a great thing. I am now rethinking this whole onstar thing. This is a super duper alternative to the NAV in my opinion.

They gave me 2 months free directions and connections plan.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
It's definitely the best part of OnStar, IMO. You get a year free with an Acadia and we've used it quite a few times in the 5 months we've had ours. It's a truly great feature. Although we also added the car as another line to our Verizon service, so having a built-in phone in the car is MUCH more convenient than using a cell phone (given no bluetooth, that is).

My wife also found out the hard way that the vehicle, left running, will relock the door after some time (like 10 mins) when she was standing outside with our 2 yr old daughter sitting inside watching a DVD. The car locked, engine running, with the kid inside and her outside. OnStar came in REALLY handy that day. Having them able to unlock the car in under a minute is HUGE under the right circumstances.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I absolutly love onstar now....Just bought an OUTLOOK..LOVE IT...My first onstar experience..I just added the phone ooption to my Verizon Act. now I can use the phone in the car and share my minutes with my cell phone...also can forward my cell calls to the car so I can have total hands free. You can store voice tags, so you can call people using the voice regonition..They send me monthy diagnostics..man there is so much to like about Onstar..I even got a insurance deduction for having it. Recomend it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I brought my Outlook with the Navigation System option built in. It works very well. Although it's a pricy option it may pay for itself if you plan on keeping the car for a while. Especially when you consider the yearly renewal fees that On Star will charge after the complimentary term expires on their direction and connections service. I even think that the female voice on the built-in system sounds a little more 'user friendly' when giving turn by turn directions than that On Star lady. Right now I have them both. I have made the comparison and the dvd based GM navigation system option comes out on top.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see it as $2340 up front for the NAV. If I keep my car 7 years it is $ 199 annually for onstar. It is an extra $100 per year for directions and connections or $299 total per year. The first year is free.

Also if I don't want to use the directions and connections I dont need to subscribe to it unless I need it or if I need NAV. I can tell them I want it for one month only for 9.95 with no contract. I imagine I would not need

With the multi year discount is 3 years of base onstar for $549 or with D&C for $824. so 7 years of base onstar (1st year free) is $1098. 7 years of D&C is $1648. D&C requires no contract and can be used "on demand" at 9.95 per month. I would probably use it 50% of the time.

It does not factor in the WoW factor of the NAV but saves me a few bucks over 7 years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
An option that came with my Outlook...I'm thinking that with all the new technological advances almost every year, in 7 years, the Nav's in our Outlooks will be subtle by comparison....And, again, my whole idea of navigation is to take it out and use it on my other car. The nav's at Sharper Image has features that I really wanted but of course not part of the options of the Nav's in the Outlooks. Not that it matters to most people and to myself, the newer Nav's imploy MP3, camera, file storage, etc...

What does our Nav have that is exclusive to Outlooks, Acadias and Enclaves? I really hate the fact that I can't cancel a route via touch screen right on the spot...

Sometimes when I get into a parking lot...a compass pops-up....you guys ever seen it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you know that if you have OnStar and are in an accident and your airbags deploy OnStar will cal you and if you don’t answer they will automatically dispatch EMS to your location?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts