Saturn Outlook Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I also made this post in the Traverse and Acadia forum, but I just thought I'd post it here for more opinions;

Even though I'm not quite there yet, I've been looking at cars for when I turn 18/ go to college. I've loved the Lambdas ever since I laid eyes on them *queue faint* lol. I'd be buying used, and I was wondering if anyone could vouch for the reliability of the 1st gen of any of the Lambdas (except for the Enclave- that's WAYYYY out of budget :D ), and if anyone can speak about real-world mpg. I know most people probably think the Lambdas are too big for a teen, but there's just something about them that I love (in addition to the fact that I prefer the higher seating position of a crossover / SUV [I've driven a 2015 Equinox, and love that too, though I think I prefer the Terrain's styling, if I were to get either of those] ). One last thing; I've heard conflicting things about the 3rd row seat. How spacious is it? Adult friendly? On a side-note, these forums are great! Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
2010 Saturn Outlook, nothing older. Same would be true for Acadia, Traverse and Enclave.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Our 2010 Outlook have been very reliable, based on the number of miles my wife puts on it. She probably gets around 16 mpg on mainly highway driving at slightly elevated speeds. 3rd row seats are great, smaller adults should fit just fine, I'm 6ft 6 and I can get back there to sit, but would rather not. The 2nd row slides forward for easy access and is adjustable for legroom in the 3rd row. With the 3rd row folded plenty of room to move in and out of dorms or take a band to their shows, but with the seats up, very tiny area behind the seats for storage. Look for service history for the transmission issues and the engine issues, others have had. Make sure to have it checked out by a mechanic you trust before you sign on the dotted line, anything like that out of warranty will cost you a ton. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lsuduke said:
Our 2010 Outlook have been very reliable, based on the number of miles my wife puts on it. She probably gets around 16 mpg on mainly highway driving at slightly elevated speeds. 3rd row seats are great, smaller adults should fit just fine, I'm 6ft 6 and I can get back there to sit, but would rather not. The 2nd row slides forward for easy access and is adjustable for legroom in the 3rd row. With the 3rd row folded plenty of room to move in and out of dorms or take a band to their shows, but with the seats up, very tiny area behind the seats for storage. Look for service history for the transmission issues and the engine issues, others have had. Make sure to have it checked out by a mechanic you trust before you sign on the dotted line, anything like that out of warranty will cost you a ton. Good luck.
Thank you very much! This is very appreciated :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts