Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks haven't been on in a while, because frankly the Outlook has been great. Then last Thursday the wife called on her way to work, truck sounds horrible what do I do. Told her not to drive and have AAA tow it, so the garage comes to tow it, starts it and says, not good you should take it to the dealer. He calls me and says not good at all, heard this before need to have dealer fix, under warranty. So into dealer it goes Thursday, so Thursday night I had to thrash to get the Vue out of hibernation so I could get to work, needed to get new battery, air up all the tires and make sure everything was ready after 6 months off the road. Friday night get a call, need service history for oil changes for the last 2 years. Dig out my records for mileage of oil changes and email it to the service rep. Saturday nothing until the wife calls ( her Outlook) and rep says never got info, newbie and nobody set up his email account( really). Anyway, send Service Manager email about this issue and others I've had in the past Sunday and wait for a reply. Monday, get very nice apology from new Service Manager, now he wants receipts for the oil purchases, per the warranty language, I need to have receipts to prove buying the oil, not installing it...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So now we are nearly a week into it and dealer won't look at engine because they want warranty issue resolved first. SM calls me and says info I gave him was not complete enough, says only thing he can do is pull the pan and see what he sees, worst case he finds abuse or neglect and I have to pay for diagnosis and reinstall of pan if I decide not to fix. If he finds no evidence of neglect, it will be covered under warranty. Well got the call Wednesday morning that the engine was clean inside, no gunk, no signs of neglect so they will cover repair under warranty. Apparently, spun a bearing and will need to rebuild lower end of motor, parts need to be ordered and they are hoping to have it back to us by the end of next week. SM has been great to deal with and working hard to keep me informed thru the entire process. BTW only used synthetics since we got it at 11k miles, Royal Purple and Pennzoil, with mostly Fram and K&N filters. Gotta say I'm glad I got our Outlook, even though GM disowned us, it has been a very good vehicle for the family and towing the camper.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent email to SM to check on status, rep called me back told me parts had come in Tues. night or early Wed morning, looking to have it done by week end. Friday got a call will not be done, now looking at Monday or Tuesday to get her back. You can tell warranty work is not a priority... You would think they would want to get it off their lift and out of a bay so they could push more work thru the shop, apparently that is not the case. Just so it is repaired correctly and completely. I'll let you know when we get her back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they had said Monday or Tuesday, stopped in Wednesday to find it still in pieces, I could see the pistons in the motor, I jumped all over the SM and told him this just wasn't good enough. He offered to get me a rental no charge, swore to have Service Writer call me daily with updates. Today they called to say they didn't have the proper tool to reinstall something on the rear of the vehicle, talked to the wife so not sure what they were talking about. Promised to call tomorrow with an update, 3 weeks no Outlook, they have now had the parts over a week to fix it. Can you say runaround... And so we wait for her to return to us.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Terrible situation! Too late to take it to another dealer, however you'll probably never go there again I'm sure.
I don't know why you weren't given a loaner to begin with. If GM is covering the warranty work that seems to be standard.
When my tranny went once diagnosed, same day had a rental, three days work no charge, done. Maybe because of some agreement as to the length of time allowed by GM to reimburse the dealer for rental the hurry up was applied :)
Hope your wife gets her car soon. I would still contact GM Rep on this site to complain about the treatment by the Dealership. Just my two cents. :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They offered a loaner, but we thought it would be done this week. Thursday's excuse was a missing seal installation tool. Because the Saturn seal is different than the Chevy??? Then Friday it was the head bolts, 3 were too long and nobody in the city had them, had to order thru GM should be in Monday. Have a insider at the dealership, looked at the "pile of parts" today and was saddened by the situation, I think I'll have to go in early Monday am and reassert myself and get a loaner for all this hassle. Nice Silverado Crew Cab to replace what my wife has been driving for 3 weeks, **** I miss it...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well been a busy few weeks, we have the Outlook back and happy to say that. With SM out for surgery, had to deal with his boss, that was fun, basically acted like I was bothering him, trying to figure when I would get my vehicle back. :banghead: SM called me back and apologized saying his boss was the more customer friendly of the two, I had to laugh. After nearly a month in the shop, we got the full rundown on the repair and it was quite the extensive list, all new bearings thru the entire engine, #4 rod replaced due to seen damage. Timing chains and tensioners replaced due to stretch, so at 76k miles I have a newly rebuilt bottom end with new crankshaft and lots of other parts. Just wanted to update everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts