Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my neck of the woods or are there a lot of OUTLOOKs on the roads? Maybe it's because people can pick them up cheap ??? I see more OUTLOOKs than the Traverse or ACADIA, I do however see a lot of Enclaves as well.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I too am seeing more used purchased Outlooks on the road. In fact a couple of friends have purchased, one with my help. However, here in my neck of the woods there are still far more Acadias and lots of Traverses.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What style OUTLOOK did your friends get?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
One got an 07 light blue XR (replaced a car as they added another child) and the other an 08 gold XR (replaced a Suburban, already had 5 kids).

·
Registered
201 Posts
The new Ford Explorer is a well disguised Outlook if you ask me. Could almost fool one into thinking it is an Outlook if you glanced quick enough.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BigTallV said:
The new Ford Explorer is a well disguised Outlook if you ask me. Could almost fool one into thinking it is an Outlook if you glanced quick enough.
It does have the stance does'nt it.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
BigTallV said:
That was the first thing I said when we looked at the new Explorer. We did consider it as the replacement for the Outlook although it just did not have enough room behind the 3rd row.

The week of Thanksgiving we drove down to Clearwater, Florida. I saw a whole bunch of Outlooks during that trip. Yes there are still a lot of them out there on the road and I still so like the way they look.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From what i hear the new ford explorer and the GM lambda line share the same transmission because they partnered on the development of it so they are more alike than you know!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Now that I have read the thread, I have realized that I have been seeing more Outlooks around my neighborhood too. It seems that I have been seeing more of these vehicles within the past couple of weeks.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that we are seeing a lot because all the rental companies have dumpped their fleets to the public for newer vehicles.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Speeking of OUTLOOK's, I live right buy a school and there must be a teacher or employee of the school who has an OUTLOOK just like mine but it must be an 07 or 08 because of the tail pipes, it's silver and has the 18" wheels. Yesterday my daughter came in from school and asked why our car was at the school :D.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
6Sixathome said:
I think that we are seeing a lot because all the rental companies have dumpped their fleets to the public for newer vehicles.
You are correct on that one. I guess there were 2010's produced and they were sold as fleets and are now hitting the market for consumers to purchase.

Sighhhhh I still like the looks of the Outlook. Although now with just turning over 11,000 miles coming back from Florida after Thanksgiving the Enclave is at this point running pretty darn perfect. (yep knocking on wood as I type this). ;D

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sailfish said:
You are correct on that one. I guess there were 2010's produced and they were sold as fleets and are now hitting the market for consumers to purchase.

Sighhhhh I still like the looks of the Outlook. Although now with just turning over 11,000 miles coming back from Florida after Thanksgiving the Enclave is at this point running pretty darn perfect. (yep knocking on wood as I type this). ;D
Knocking on wood too :-\

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder how many of the original OUTLOOK owners (07/08) still own them ??? There's a lot of members that I used to see on here way back when but they kind of fizzled away :-\.

·
Registered
69 Posts
sixathome said:
I wonder how many of the original OUTLOOK owners (07/08) still own them ??? There's a lot of members that I used to see on here way back when but they kind of fizzled away :-\.
I still own my '08 XR Outlook that was built in july '07. It has 49K miles. I recently wanted to replace it because it has 2WD and I want AWD since we recently moved to a hilly area that sees a lot of snow. But I just can't find a non-lamda with the fold down flat seats, and all that the cargo room with the sleek look. Sooooooo I put two new Nitto front tires on it and I realized I don't need to replace it....just don't drive around with bald tires ::)
That's what I get for not regularly rotating the tires. The rear tires are still in good shape.
Key1cc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ours was a lease return... 2008, 42K miles

Think about it... all those 36 mo/36,000 mile leases GM wrote in 2008 are coming due... and people are returning them.

In addition to the 2010's coming off the fleet market...

-cmc-

·
Registered
396 Posts
cmcolfax said:
Ours was a lease return... 2008, 42K miles

Think about it... all those 36 mo/36,000 mile leases GM wrote in 2008 are coming due... and people are returning them.

In addition to the 2010's coming off the fleet market...

-cmc-
I'd say all the 2010s are out of the fleets. I bought my 2010 in June of '10 with 12K. It went into service in December '09 and there were a lot of them available the summer of '10.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts