Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The outside temperature indicator on my 08 Outlook is off anywhere from 10 to 20 degrees. can it be reset by a dealer. Just replaced the low beam bulb and wiring harness on on the left front of my vehicle. Fortunately, it was covered by the warranty :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would check to be sure the temp sensor hasn't broken loose from it's original mounting position (behind the front fascia, below the grille/driver side). This happened to a VW Passat I owned at one time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Search the other Lambda forums....being off seems to be a fairly common problem due to the location of the sensor. I think that there may be a TSB to relocate it to a more accurate location.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Medic, you are correct!

TECHNICAL

Bulletin No.: 08-01-39-008A

Date: March 30, 2009

Subject:
Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Display In Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Inaccurate Or Reads Too High (Reposition Ambient Air Temperature Sensor and Reprogram HVAC Control Module)

Models:
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK

Supercede:
This bulletin is being revised to update the parts information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-01-39-008 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment that the ambient temperature display is inaccurate or reads too high.

Correction

Technicians are to relocate the ambient air temperature sensor to a new location and reprogram the Heating Ventilation And Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had this done to my 08' last year and it seemed to fix the temp reading issue.
Tim C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts