Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a White Saturn Outlook XR with Sunroof, Conveinance Package. Want to get the kids an overhead dvd system and would like to know what folks have put in their Outlooks, after market. We have the sunroof as well. If anyone knows how to order the one single one that comes in the vehicle, let me know that too. Would be interested in the one you put in, how much does it get in the way of your rear view mirror?

So far, I have no compliants, its a sweet ride and we are looking forward to many years of great experience with it.

Thanks in advance.

JW

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
thedears :welcome: :dancing:

I had a 07' XR w/ the overhead DVD from the factory, it was nice but to me it really impaired the rearview mirror. I now have a 09' XR with dual touchscreen headrest DVD players(they also have 30 games installed on them, both games and movies can be watched together or different from each other). I like the 09's alot better because they do not get in the way of the rearview mirror, the kids like the overhead better, we have 4 kids so the kids in the 3rd row have to look diagonal from where they are sitting to watch, but it still works. The brand that I have is Advent by Audiovox and appears to be a really good unit. Hope this helps. :thumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6Sixathome said:
thedears :welcome: :dancing:

I had a 07' XR w/ the overhead DVD from the factory, it was nice but to me it really impaired the rearview mirror. I now have a 09' XR with dual touchscreen headrest DVD players(they also have 30 games installed on them, both games and movies can be watched together or different from each other). I like the 09's alot better because they do not get in the way of the rearview mirror, the kids like the overhead better, we have 4 kids so the kids in the 3rd row have to look diagonal from where they are sitting to watch, but it still works. The brand that I have is Advent by Audiovox and appears to be a really good unit. Hope this helps. :thumb:
Thanks! Advent by Audivox, how did you match the color of your head rest, we have tan interior? Do you have any pictures or a website that we can see how the system looks? Thanks for the welcome.

the dears

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'll get some pic's shortly. The dealer had it done, they come w/ a 3 yr-36,000 warrenty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6Sixathome said:
Here they are :thumb:
Wow, that is very nice :). Do they play thru the Outlooks speakers? What are the costs roughly? We have the full bench seating in the middle but the headrests don't look any different than the original ones.

thanks for sharing, I will have my better half see these pics tonight.

the dears

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm not for sure on playing through the speakers :confused: ???, when I get more time I will investigate. $1900.00 option and well worth it to keep the kids happy on loooooong drives ;D

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
That is just like mine and it looks like a good $$ too. :cheers: If you are handy in installing electronics this might be the thing for you.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
thedears, did you get your DVD player's yet? :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6Sixathome said:
thedears, did you get your DVD player's yet? :)
not yet, the Outlook would not start this am so its in the shop, must be something electronic, battery was fine, and its new. The price creep of the headrest dvds is incrediable, what they want so I am still shopping around.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Keep us posted on why it would not start. Would it just turn over or nothing at all?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6Sixathome said:
Keep us posted on why it would not start. Would it just turn over or nothing at all?
It turned over but nothing would catch. They may be getting me a rental car, and I am not too happy about just buying a car a week ago and having to get a rental car.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
thedears said:
It turned over but nothing would catch. They may be getting me a rental car, and I am not too happy about just buying a car a week ago and having to get a rental car.
:angryfire: :banghead: :violent: :uzi: Do you have the NAV unit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts