Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A couple pics of the "old" cam position senor. It mistakenly got left in the engine bay and I stumbled on it looking around.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
6Sixathome said:
A couple pics of the "old" cam position senor. It mistakenly got left in the engine bay and I stumbled on it looking around.
:-\ You have got to be joking! They left a part they replaced under the hood? :sosad:

·
Registered
754 Posts
well, at least you know they replaced it...

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
rbarrios said:

:-\ Yea guess that is correct. :sosad:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
rbarrios said:
True, and I could see the new one down there when I shined a flashlight on it. So, I got the word that the cat conv for bank two is bad, that's what code P0430 is, should have it back tomorrow. I'll bet it got damaged when it misfired and dumped raw fuel into it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got her back, they replaced the cat in the front, looks like a real treat to get to if I say so myself.

·
Registered
396 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Now that is a quality dealer ;)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I guess it's one of those parts that's small enough it could get left behind if one was focused on getting the new part in.

·
Registered
754 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Got her back, they replaced the cat in the front, looks like a real treat to get to if I say so myself.
Im pretty sure- most lambda owners have no idea- theres 3 catalytic converters on the Lambdas. (at least on the 2010's and up- DI).
Heres the one Six is referring to-
its right below the area that your oil dipstick is---- between the engine and cooling fans.
this is looking from the bottom of the car- up towards the hood.

·
Registered
754 Posts
where are the other 2? good question-- I have answers.

under the vehicle and between the engine- and the firewall.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My '09 has the same as your '10 but I dont think that the third one is a cat conv because there is no O2 sensors before or after it. I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
yeah- you and I think alike- thats what I thought too when I saw it while looking at the underside. But the muffler and resonator are still further back and this thing is welded like a Cat.
shown below- they list the Converter LEFT (SHOWN as #1), Converter right(not shown in this diagram) and Catalytic converter as #6.
Which shows a hanger- if you look at my image- on the right side of the converter you can see a welded hanger...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
OK, I think what they are showing in the pic is the converter for the right and one for the left, or for us the front and back. If you look at your pic of the cat conv thing it does'nt have the hanger on it like in the diagram. This thing must be something else.

·
Registered
754 Posts
in the pic its 'backwards'
look at the tail end of it-- look at the rear tire- and look a little up-- you can see the hanger welded to the bottom portion of the pipe....
I stared at my pics for a while till I saw the hanger-- and also the way one pipe is higher on one side and lower on the other-- it matches the drawing.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Now I see it, so they are missing one cat in the diagram.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts