Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Saturn Outlook. It was broken into and it's been sitting at the body shop for 2 going on 3 weeks. Has anyone had any issues of parts being on backorder and with no set amount of time when they will become available? They said there isn't anyone to manufacture any parts. Saturn was supposed to have manufactured enough extra parts but I guess they didn't. My insurance won't cover my rental car anymore so it's starting to come out of my pocket. Does anyone think I have any recorse anywhere? ???

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey 8) name :thumb: and :welcome:. I think the body shop is trying to feed you a big bag of :bs:. Manufacturers are supposed to produce parts for 10 years after the brand is discontunued. I think they are just dragging their feet and you should call around to different body shops. I'm sure you will find they will tell you that there is no problem getting parts. How bad was your OUTLOOK smashed? I hope you were'nt hert :eek:hno:.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well here it is March and my Outlook still isn't fixed. We spoke with GM today and my leather seat that was sliced, according to them WILL NOT be manufactured. There is not part that interchanges with it either. Finally got my inner door panel in that has been on order since early January and the other few little parts. I did get my car back for a short time and freakin backed into a trash can and busted out my reverse and tail light... Was able to get that part for about $350.... Had to call an attorney today about what they said about my seat and they said they have no comment regarding the so called "10 years" of products to be made... :angryfire:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Someone rear ended my 07 Outlook and it has been in the body shop for about a month now. They are waiting for parts to come in. He said they can get them, but they are scarce.

·
Registered
396 Posts
joebrandon1977 said:
Someone rear ended my 07 Outlook and it has been in the body shop for about a month now. They are waiting for parts to come in. He said they can get them, but they are scarce.
My 07 Acadia was rear ended; it took them almost 4 weeks to complete and all the parts had to come from Lansing-Delta

1 - 7 of 7 Posts