Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Did your Outlook experienced water leak?

• I have a leaky 2007 with sunroof

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a leaky 2007 without sunroof

• I have a leaky 2008 with sunroof

• I have a leaky 2008 without sunroof

• I have a leaky 2009 with sunroof

• I have a leaky 2009 without sunroof

• I have a 2007 with sunroof and it is water tight so far!

• I have a 2007 without sunroof and it is water tight so far!

• I have a 2008 with sunroof and it is water tight so far!

• I have a 2008 without sunroof and it is water tight so far!

• I have a 2009 with sunroof and it is water tight so far!

• I have a 2009 without sunroof and it is water tight so far!

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets try to collect some stats about the dreaded water leak some of us experience with their cars.

I am adding 2009 just in case..

Any additional comments are welcome (for example how many times you had to go in to have it fixed right)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Mine has been in the shop four times for this :angryfire: If it leaks this time I will have to file for lemon-law. We are not satisfied around here at all!!!!!! I love the OUTLOOK but hate the water leaks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Mine has been in the shop four times for this :angryfire: If it leaks this time I will have to file for lemon-law. We are not satisfied around here at all!!!!!! I love the OUTLOOK but hate the water leaks.
Mine was in 3 times and I already filed for a lemon law

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too had to get mine 3 times in (so far...). After the first and the second repair attempts I did the garden hose test for like 15-20 mins, which didn't show any leak, but after when rain falled I got traces of water in the cabin :angryfire:
After the last repair I didn't bother doing the apparently unworthy garden hose test again. I was told last time they found couple, previously unnoticed by them, holes on the seal of the rear soonroof which were dripping water. It hasn't rained since. I will call the rapair successful after several "good" rains during which car remains dry inside.

Unfortunately we don't have lemon law here in Canada, so we have to relay on dealership resolve our problems.

Anyone who got a leaky car - has your repair been successful (successful == at least 3 times it rained for more than an hour, car was outside and remained dry)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes it leaks thru the sunroof(s) and eventually works its way down the a-pillars to the floor mats on passenger and driver side. If you dont have rubber mats, you may not even notice its leaking.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be exact - it leaks from the sunroof drainage tubes which tend to be not properly attached or even completely disconnected. Another issue is the seal fo the rear sunroof frame being not tight. There are also couple of reports of leaks coming from the bolts that attach the lugage rails on the roof (on a vehicle without sunroof!) but this information came from GMC Acadia (not directly related to Outlook) and could be just a single case.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
leobg said:
To be exact - it leaks not from the sunroof drainage tubes which tend to be not properly attached or even completely disconnected. Another issue is the seal fo the rear sunroof frame being not tight. There are also couple of reports of leaks coming from the bolts that attach the lugage rails on the roof (on a vehicle without sunroof!) but this information came from GMC Acadia (not directly related to Outlook) and could be just a single case.
This topic has been beat to death on all 3 lambda sites here and on Saturn fans. Water will get in through the sunroof(s) seals. It happens on all cars that I know of. In your ceiling are drain pans to catch the water that comes in, then funnells down the drain tubes through the pillars and to the ground. If the bolts were not sealed properly on the roof racks water will get in that way as well and there are no drain tubes for that. My leaking has stopped, except when my drain tubes get plugged up from junk because I leave my sunroof open to vent.

See the link here on a little more of the subject. http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=390.msg2281#msg2281

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 02 Yukon has a sunroof and it never has had a leak. Of course it doesn't rain much here but when it does it pours. I also don't see any leaks when I wash it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go figure... we have the sunroof, but it has had zero to do with our leaks. One more time and we will file for a lemon law. We had mold growing. We've had the entire interior out twice. Then again for bolts missing, broken panels, other damaged items, carpet replacement, etc. We love the car, but have had a terrible experience with the dealer. It's bad when I have to dis- and re-assemble everything behind them to make sure that it's right. If we get a week or so of rain I will tear down again.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
CHV_FRK said:
Go figure... we have the sunroof, but it has had zero to do with our leaks. One more time and we will file for a lemon law. We had mold growing. We've had the entire interior out twice. Then again for bolts missing, broken panels, other damaged items, carpet replacement, etc. We love the car, but have had a terrible experience with the dealer. It's bad when I have to dis- and re-assemble everything behind them to make sure that it's right. If we get a week or so of rain I will tear down again.
Where are your leaks coming from?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where they come from is a bit of mystery (sunroof?), but where you see it is (in my case) right on the roofline at the edge of the a-pillar then it runs down the plastic and begins to drip on the passengers feet.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Sunroof drain lines. Either not connected or blocked. Do you park and leave the sunroof open? If you do, I would bet the lines are blocked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my Outlook at the dealer for the sunroof leak and the dealer remove the headliner from the Outlook and ran water over it until they found the source. They found the rear drain line pinched and the sunroof cassette didn't have the sealant installed during assembly. The dealer also installed a drain extension kit (GM Item) because they have had the drain lines shrink and come off the sunroof.
Hopefully this is a closed issue on my Outlook.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ralf said:
the sunroof cassette didn't have the sealant installed during assembly
This was what they found on my 3-rd visit. It rained since then couple of times, I didn't see water in the car, but both times rain wasn't intense enough to convince me problem is fixed. Time will tell.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Time to revive an old thread. We are in Boston on vacation and to say it has been raining is an understatement. We left the Outlook out the other night since the parking garage at the hotel was full, and when we got in to go out the roof was leaking through the rear overhead lights. And not just a drip drip. I emailed our service tech and sent a link to a video I made of it. Will update when we know what it is. Here is the video:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2Hv0srUUeZHrHrm8s_N67Q?feat=directlink

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
:mad:

I have had my Outlook in FIVE times for water leaks.

I actually believe the first TWO TIMES to a Saturn of Kings Auto Mall in Cincinnati DIDN'T EVEN LOOK! Their comment was they could NOT re-create it. Like they didn't drop the headliner and only had the car in their service department for one hour.

The next TWO TIMES to Jake Sweeney of Tri County in Cincinnati did replace drain hoses AND installed a new headliner.

THEN it did it again only this time I took it to Reichard Buick/GMC, Saturn authorized service and you know what!!!! They KEPT the Outlook and drove me home and called to tell me they had dropped the headliner and they found another hose kinked AND the seals around the moveable sunroom and the moonroof were leaking and would be replaced.

So JUST WHAT IN THE **** were the first two service departments doing? Collecting HOURLY PAY for doing probably NOT MUCH!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
doropallo said:
Time to revive an old thread. We are in Boston on vacation and to say it has been raining is an understatement. We left the Outlook out the other night since the parking garage at the hotel was full, and when we got in to go out the roof was leaking through the rear overhead lights. And not just a drip drip. I emailed our service tech and sent a link to a video I made of it. Will update when we know what it is. Here is the video:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2Hv0srUUeZHrHrm8s_N67Q?feat=directlink
:eek:hno: Have you had the sunroof drain tube recall done before?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts