Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was thinking, GM is leaving pontiac out of the LAMBDA family. I think it would be cool to see a version from Pontiac. Then LAMBDA family would be complete i think! Well then they could do cadillac version to replace the SRX or call it the new SRX! Just something to think about! I really would like to see this happen!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pontiac doesn't need a Lambda.
It needs to concentrate on "exciting" cars that push the limits of performance and handling.
It needs to remain small and be the vehicles that need not worry about fuel savings.

I've debated the reasoning behind Buick getting "The Finest Luxury Crossover" and not Cadillac.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea you do have a point, i dont think they would do anyway i just happen to be thinking about it. Seems as if they did that then pontiac may steal sales from GMC and Cadillac from Buick! But who knows! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Pontiac brand is moving towards a "car only" line up. Which is why the Torrent is going away. 4 Lambdas is more than enough.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Originally, the Acadia was slated to be a Pontiac. But with the change in direction to a "sporty cars only" lineup, and to reward GMC for good sales, GM moved the Acadia to that brand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The El Camino is making a comeback! I can't believe it took GM so long to ship a ute over here. As for a Pontiac Lambda I doubt it will happen - There is a Pontiac/GMC/Buick dealer here already selling the Enclave and the Acadia side-by-side. I can't imagine them selling another one.

Look at what Chrysler is talking about doing - forcing the brands to be integrated by removing overlap. Seriously, how can you make a Lambda sporty? If they threw a supercharged engine in there it should be a Buick or a GMC Acadia Denali.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts