Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I have to assume that it's simply too new to have much useful data to draw any conclusions. This data would have been compiled in only the first few months the vehicle was out, and there was an airbag recall shortly after its release, which I assume could hurt "reliability" ratings artificially, since every owner would have to take it in for service to have the computer reflash performed. Other than that, I have no idea why it would be so low. Considering the Acadia doesn't have the exact same ratings even though they are mechanical twins means it's got to be based more on owner input/surveys than tests and hard numbers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my Outlook about two weeks and I've just taken it back for the second time because the rear AC is not funtioning properly. Others may be having similar problems and that will definitely affect the quality rating. Not to mention the gas mileage is much poorer than advertised.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A huge chunk of the JD Power rating was negative reviews of the early transmission calibration. (which is no secret on this site). The vehicle scores very well across all the other sections of the JD Power survey. I think if you drive the truck and are okay with the way it drives and shifts you will otherwise be very happy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think every model has first year gremlins that need to be worked out, I would expect the numbers to improve next year. Overall, the Outlook is an excellent package. Dealer service at Saturn has always been above average so I wouldn't let the ratings deter you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The JD Power survey always covers the first 90 days.

My site's May results predicted the JD Power results. I'll have more solid results in a few weeks, and then again every three months after that. If the bugs get ironed out in more recently produced cars, it'll show up first in my results.

There's a sticky about my research at the top of this forum. Many Outlook owners are already participating, but I can certainly use more.

For the details and to sign up:

Vehicle reliability research

1 - 7 of 7 Posts