Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed today that the outlook has a cracking sound when you are rolling slow and turn the wheels. It does not do it sitting still , I have been under it and see no wear on the CV joints and boots still good. Anyone have an idea..Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
maxxedout said:
Noticed today that the outlook has a cracking sound when you are rolling slow and turn the wheels. It does not do it sitting still , I have been under it and see no wear on the CV joints and boots still good. Anyone have an idea..Thanks
Sincere apologies to hear about the popping and cracking with your Outlook. Any frustration this causes is certainly understandable and I understand you're seeking community opinions and responses here. If needed, feel free to message us privately and we'll exhaust our options to see if an official dealer diagnosis is needed and help resolve your concerns.

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
754 Posts
wheel bearings tearing each other up?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
40 - 50 degrees and no snow. Checked the wheel bearing and they are fine. I will be looking at it again next weekend.

·
Registered
131 Posts
maxxedout said:
Maybe, thanks I will be checking them. Would explain the only when its rolling thing.
Check the front stabilizer end links. Any change in load on the stabilizer bar will cause the bushings in worn end links to pop. They are prone to wear out. Moog makes a replacement set with Zerk (grease) fittings.

·
Registered
29 Posts
XRDreamliner said:
Check the front stabilizer end links. Any change in load on the stabilizer bar will cause the bushings in worn end links to pop. They are prone to wear out. Moog makes a replacement set with Zerk (grease) fittings.
I agree most definitely end links.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have this same problem, but not just at cold temperatures, if making any turn at any speed below about 40 mph I hear an awful popping noise. Its not coming from the steering column (I can't actually FEEL the popping but I can hear it)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts