Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These stupid things never showed any signs of going bad and I use my hatch ALOT!!! Went to work this morning and they worked as normal. 2 hours later at home go to open liftgate and it went up but then made a racket and went back down. I tried it again and it did the same thing so I push the button to shut off the power lift and went to manually open and found out the hatch wouldn't stay open. Cheap crap!!!!!! Of course the struts aren't cheap and not in stock anywhere too :blob:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Do you have any "pick and pulls" in your area; you might be able to get a set fairly cheap.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
ponchonutty said:
These stupid things never showed any signs of going bad and I use my hatch ALOT!!! Went to work this morning and they worked as normal. 2 hours later at home go to open liftgate and it went up but then made a racket and went back down. I tried it again and it did the same thing so I push the button to shut off the power lift and went to manually open and found out the hatch wouldn't stay open. Cheap crap!!!!!! Of course the struts aren't cheap and not in stock anywhere too :blob:
I am going to have to replace those on my 03 VUE but so far the Outlook is doing well. I know they aren't cheap I had them go out in a Plymouth hatch back I had years ago. I just dealt without replacing them on that car as I was getting rid of it soon anyway.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a few yards that I go to but none of them has one of these in their possession. I got new ones from the dealer. About $43 with tax.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts