Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi mminogue,

You can find any open recalls for your vehicle at the following site: recalls.gm.com. Are you currently experiencing power steering issues? Please let us know if there's anything we can look into for you.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
131 Posts
mminogue said:
Does anyone know if there is a recall on 2009 Outlook Power Steering?
Don't bother searching... there are no recalls for the PS system. What are you issues? Leaking steering rack? Zip-tie noise in the steering wheel? Clunk in the steering when at low speed/parking? Hard steering? Loss of steering assist?

A Technical Service Bulletin has been issued (not a recall) to address the zip-tie noise in the steering wheel (PI0029H).

A TSB (I don't have the # committed to memory) has also been issued for the clunk in the steering due to premature wear in the mount bushings for the steering rack (causes slop/clunking).

What ever the issue, the best course of action for getting PS issues fixed is to work with your dealer, and see if GM will cover some of the repair (a.k.a., "goodwill"). Goodwill works best if you kindly explain the issue you are having, along with doing due diligence to research the issue in the forums (traverseforum, acadiaforum, etc.) Whatever the issue is, find a thread and print it out when you approach the dealer with you problem. That way they can't blow you off as your issue being a "one-off". Likely they have seen every PS issue.

In my case, I purchased a GMPP Majorguard warranty soon after I bought my used '09 Outlook. The warranty has paid for itself given the steering issues alone. At the moment, since I had the Dexron VI update along with PI0029H, the steering has been functioning properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts