Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum

This forum has been so helpfull in the past but now I am overwhelmed soo here goes first i have an 07 outlook xr and the transmission has just started to either not shift or only shift using manual, second it also is going into shut down mode with engine power reduced, the TAC is throwing codes every other day and just today after the rain and slush we had in upstate NY the engine stays running when the key is removed and the check engine light stays on after the ignition is off and there are all sorts of warnings going off. I dont want my wife to be driving if something goes wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
754 Posts
the engine run on---
if im not mistaken is caused by water falling on the fuse box.
(since you also describe other problems that sound like electrical gremlins)....
Im pointing at the fuse box being wet.

Do you happen to have sunroof?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do have a sunroof and I have seen the posts about them leaking but I can't find the drain tubes and the fuse box under the glove compartment does not seem damp or wet

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE

The fuse panel was wet and had ice in it, I took it out and took it apart dried all parts sanded the contacts that were messed up and cleaned with rubbing alcohol replaced with new fuses and so far all is well. I could not however find where the drain tubes go after coming down from the sunroof and heading into the engine area. Any help with that part would be great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was hoping I could get you a diagram, but does this help?

Sunroof Drain Inspection and Cleaning

Drain Hose Routing

A drain trough encircles the sunroof window panel and water is drained off by the hoses located at each corner of the housing. A drain channel spans across the sunroof module at the rear of the window panel and directs water into the trough.

Ensure that the front drain hoses are routed down the windshield pillars and out the center of the front pillar between the door hinges. Ensure that the hoses are not kinked. Replace any torn or cracked hose.
Ensure that the rear drain hoses are routed through the rear pillars and out of the rear lower quarter panel. Ensure that the rear hoses are properly routed in the metal roof slot and are attached in place. Replace any torn or cracked hose.
Plugged Drain Hose

If a waterleak has occurred, inspect for a plugged drain hose at each corner of the drainage system:

Open the sunroof window.
To test for blockage, pour a small container of water into the module housing drain trough. Inspect each corner to confirm the drain hose is draining water.
Caution: Wear safety glasses in order to avoid eye damage.

Use compressed air, 35 psi or less, to blow out any drain hose that is plugged.
Test the system again.
If the hose remains plugged, inspect for improper routing or kinks. Refer to Drain Hose Routing above.
Remove any hoses that remain plugged.
Remove the blockage:
Push a mechanics wire through the hose to remove the obstruction.
Use compressed air in order to blow out any remaining material.
Reinstall the hose.
Disconnected Drain Hose

Inspect the drainage system for disconnected drain hoses. Complete the following steps in order to obtain partial access to drain hoses and inspect for a disconnected hose.

Open the sunroof window panel.
It is only necessary to lower the headliner. Only do those step in headliner replacement that will lower the headliner enough to gain access to the part. Refer to Headlining Trim Panel Replacement.
Connect any disconnected hoses.
Ensure that the rear drain hoses are properly routed in the metal roof slot and attached in place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok that problem is fixed as far as the leak is concerned, Now I am dealing with the reduced engine power traction control, stabiilitrac messages across the screen. I have cleaned the throttle body and replace the wire connector to the tps in the engine compartment however I am still getting the low voltage in bank a and high volt in bank b. What would cause the voltage issue? pcm possibly? I am unsure where to go now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Brad12,

Seems to me I have seen them somewhere, but what are the code numbers for those codes? If I missed them in this thread, my apologies...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK update, I replaced the Gas pedal with the TPS sensor in it and the problem has not happened for two weeks. Before I did this I had to keep a codereader in the vehicle at all times to be able to reset the codes daily. So I am thinking the problem is corrected and the pedal was only 80 dollars online. Thanks to all for your assistance.

Todd

·
Registered
131 Posts
h2oskierc said:
Brad12,

Seems to me I have seen them somewhere, but what are the code numbers for those codes? If I missed them in this thread, my apologies...
This ^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts