Saturn Outlook Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, noticed today the front, passenger struck is leaking badly. Since I'm at 104,000 miles, I'm tninking
I should go ahead and replace all 4 corners.

Is there anything about the rear shocks on the models w/tow package installed, or are they the same as a non-tow package model?

·
Registered
142 Posts
The shocks are the same regardless of tow package.
I also had my front right strut leak so I replaced all struts and shocks. I used the strut kit which comes with the strut, spring and strut mount. It made it easy to do the replacement myself.
Tim

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes it would. The lower mounting bolts for the struts are the bolts they loosen for alignment.
There is a YouTube video I watched that walked me right through the process. I will try to find it and post it here for you.
Tim

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another question: looking at AC Delco OEM replacement, they have different rear shocks for AWD and FWD, but looking Monroe OESpectrum, the shocks are the same regardless of FWD or AWD. Any idea why? I was hoping to take advantage of a $75 savings Monroe is offering.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not positive but my best guess is the internal valving may be slightly different but not enough of a difference for Monroe to offer two types.
I bought Gabriel and I think there was only one choice there as well.
Tim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What I figured, prob just enough to make up for a little extra weight. You happy with the Gabriel's?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes, so far no issues. They had a rebate on them at the time so I got those instead of Monroe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts