Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install an aftermarket radio in my 07 outlook. We don't use onstar and was wondering if i need to wire it to the aftermarket stereo. Can I just get a harness for it that isn't onstar compatible?? It would save me some $$. Also are there any aftermarket speakers to replace the tweeters in the pillar by the windshield??

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an 06 Vue that I have installed aftermarket radio's into, it should be the same idea. When you remove the factory radio, you loose chimes and onstar, so no door ajar warning, no seatbelt warning chime nothing. If you want everything to work you need to find a harness that hooks to the Outlook and works between the stereo and the Outlook. Mine was $100 or so about 4 yrs ago. You will need to decide how important your chimes are to you, then you need to check out online or at a local car stereo installer to see what is available for the 07 Outlook. Some people won't even recommend swapping the factory radio. I wouldn't recommend cutting the factory harness, that would be really messy and probably cause you some huge headaches. Good luck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Vue's audio is a little different than the Outlook. The Outlook has the LAN system and although it is true you will loose chimes and other functions you have to use some sort of interface. This will "complete" the data comunications the vehicle has to see. Plus, these interfaces normally contain the accessory switched 12v source to turn on your aftermarket radio. Metra and PAC-Audio both make very good interfaces to use in our cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts