Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 XR with towing. I have had a problem for a while now. The dash will show random things like Driver door open. Service air bags, service tire monitor system, parking assist off etc etc. Also the radio/nav screen will randomly turn off with the radio or dvd still playing. At night the dash will also flash real bright and then go back to normal. When that happens the gauges will all go to full then back to normal. Radio will also stay on until door is slammed. I thought I saw something about a TSB for the drivers door switch that might be the problem......... any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
That is my thought. Sunroof would explain a lot of the issues, leaking into the dash/fuse box and such.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crap. Yes I do have the sun roof and moon roof. How do I tell if it collecting water. Where does it drain to? I figured the switch might be the problem but that's in the door right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me go further. many times the driver door controls are non responsive. IE hit unlock on the fob and all the other doors unlock except driver. Window controls etc won't work. Give it a good whack or hard shut and magic happens indicator lights come on and controls work.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't know if a wet fuse box would cause all of your issues, but I would check. Its behind the glove box. Search the Acadia and Enclave....I think somebody has life there. Carpet on the floor or headliner near the a-pillar and roof might be wet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's in the shop now. Had it towed in. Wouldn't start but I don't think this is related. Funny thing is when we were pushing it out into the road, AAA won't tow from the driveway, the tire guy called and said my tires were in. When it rains it pours right!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shop said 99 per cent sure problem is in the Body control Module. That is supposedly the switch everyone keeps talking about. Said it tested as bad and their research pointed to that being the culprit. We shall see. It apparently isn't a normally stocked part so gotta wait a few days for the local dealership to get it in. Also said it had to programmed?

·
Registered
252 Posts
So try to hear that but glad they found the problem. Did they mention a reason why it went bad? They aren't wear items and usually last the vehicles lifespan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, no reason. It was bad and actually exhibited the symptoms when they had it! man that's a first. Really bad spot to put the computer for that stuff. It is attached to the door and window switches. Good so far!

·
Registered
353 Posts
@g8tors09, I’m doing the happy dance for you. Thank you so much for sharing your update. I hope you continue to have a wonderful day.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

1 - 12 of 12 Posts