Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have the paint in there tail lights fade away so that the outline separating the top and bottom of the light is now white? It's not so much that it fades but completely seems to disappear. I'm looking at just having to replace the assembly which is simple enough to do but they are not that cheap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was stopped by police (three cars) because one (finally) claimed that my taillight was broken. When I asked to see (and it wasn't) he sheepishly admitted it wasn't but tried to justify himself by asserting that since that strip was clear that it could "blind someone." I was so astounded that I didn't laugh out loud at the time. Of course it's only as bright as a night light.

To keep from being harassed again I found a chrome tape on eBay 10mm wide (from China) to cover it perfectly. Expected I'd have to replace it every automated carwash but it lasted very well, seeming to meld with the taillight lens. I did wrap a few millimeters around each end to help it hang on. Hope you can find it for a cheap and effective solution. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts