Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in the big ice storm a week or two ago, I broke the rear wiper blade off chiseling the Outlook out. The local Chevy dealer who's a Saturn authorized service place didn't have one in stock. He had one from a Traverse, but it wasn't the same. It was a standard multi-piece metal blade vs. the sleek molded plastic blade on the Outlook.

Anyone know the P/N so I can look it up online? Is the rear blade on the Outlook the same as the Acadia or Enclave?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
salguod said:
Well, according http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1441093"]to this post on Saturn Fans[/url] and http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5508.0"]this post on AcadiaForum.net[/url], the rear plade P/N is 15276259 for both the Acadia and Outlook. Now I've just gotta see if any GMC dealers have it in stock.
Have you tried Advance Auto, Auto Zone or WM. We have Meijer around here and they usually have a good selection of blades but I dont remember seeing a rear blade there :confused:

·
Registered
396 Posts
salguod said:
So, in the big ice storm a week or two ago, I broke the rear wiper blade off chiseling the Outlook out. The local Chevy dealer who's a Saturn authorized service place didn't have one in stock. He had one from a Traverse, but it wasn't the same. It was a standard multi-piece metal blade vs. the sleek molded plastic blade on the Outlook.

Anyone know the P/N so I can look it up online? Is the rear blade on the Outlook the same as the Acadia or Enclave?
Did you break the blade or the arm?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like just the blade. There's a molded in pin that snaps into the arm that snapped off. Blade went flying. ;D

I checked Autozone, there was nothing. These sleek, molded blades seem to be car specific. My Mazda3's rear blade is a dealer only item as well. :angryfire:

·
Registered
396 Posts
salguod said:
It looks like just the blade. There's a molded in pin that snaps into the arm that snapped off. Blade went flying. ;D

I checked Autozone, there was nothing. These sleek, molded blades seem to be car specific. My Mazda3's rear blade is a dealer only item as well. :angryfire:
Sounds like you might need the entire assembly :-\

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AA/78U said:
Sounds like you might need the entire assembly :-\
I don't think so. The pin is molded on the blade (the entire blade is plastic except the metal stiffener in the rubber itself) and was still snapped in the fingers on the arm when I was able to take a look in the light. I sure hope not. :angryfire:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had to replace the entire assembly after I pulled into my garage with the liftgage up. :banghead:

Got it from newgmparts.net had the best price, $47 shipped for the wiper arm and blade. The Acadia part is the same, and cheaper than at the Saturn parts sites.

It was a major pain to get the old arm off the motor shaft. The gear puller would not work, so I had to do surgery with a Dremmel tool to cut through the plastic and aluminum collar of the old one.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had my Outlook in for some warranty work, including a rear glass replacement and they replaced it for the cost of the part, $12 and change. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts