Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've been disappointed in the range of the factory remote start on my Outlook. I thought I was supposed to have an extended range remote with the remote start (I have to go back and look at my option code breakdown again), but I'm not able to get the thing to respond to the remote until I'm ~50 yards away or less.

If you want to have a warm or cool car when you get to it, it sort of defeats the purpose to have to walk most of the way from the store, movie theater, office or whatever before it'll start.

Is this range normal or do I have a problem?

Oh, and is that advanced 2 way remote thing I saw in the archives here now? I'm assuming I could get that if it is since mine is a 2010.

·
Registered
754 Posts
if you look at the pic below... way at the end of the lot. theres a Dodge Magnun wagon. and a White SUV. In between them is a gold colored Traverse.
Thats my Traverse with the lights ON- I remote started it.
Used my garmin to measure distance. about 300 ft. with normal press of the button.
Put the remote up to your chin- and the distance is 400 or so feet.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's easily twice the distance I get. I'm lucky to get the same distance as the white Tahoe & silver Dakota/Durango in the center of the picture, usually more like the Pilot hiding behind the gray F250. ;D

I need to take it in for the seat belt recall and a couple other things, I may have them look at it then. I ought to try fresh remote batteries first, I guess.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's about how far my OEM remote starter worked too. I upgraded it to a Compustar remote start that has 1 mile range. I then added the Drone system too. You can call up Columbus Car Audio in your area or PM me if you head north!!! Not much can be done with the OEM systems to gain range. You could have the dealer install fresh batteries and relearn the remotes. That might get you a little more range but don't think you can get anything like a decent aftermarket remote start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ponchonutty said:
That's about how far my OEM remote starter worked too. I upgraded it to a Compustar remote start that has 1 mile range. I then added the Drone system too. You can call up Columbus Car Audio in your area or PM me if you head north!!! Not much can be done with the OEM systems to gain range. You could have the dealer install fresh batteries and relearn the remotes. That might get you a little more range but don't think you can get anything like a decent aftermarket remote start.
What is your opinion of the drone? I have read bad reviews for the viper smart start.

·
Registered
15 Posts
salguod said:
That's easily twice the distance I get. I'm lucky to get the same distance as the white Tahoe & silver Dakota/Durango in the center of the picture, usually more like the Pilot hiding behind the gray F250. ;D

I need to take it in for the seat belt recall and a couple other things, I may have them look at it then. I ought to try fresh remote batteries first, I guess.
Just got our Used Outlook and have been playing with the remote start. Without reading the directions like I should have, I thought the range was terrible. It ended up being a combination of me not know what buttons to press in order to get the remote start to start. After reading the directions, the range is pretty good for me. I can start it standing in my school that I work at behind brick and concrete all the way across the parking lot no problem. I have not tried to see how far I can go with it still starting but will do some tomorrow and take a picture. I agree with you that the batteries might have something to do with it.

Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like you have a great remote with plenty of battery life. Mine has a hard time with the lock part and really bad with the remote start button, but I dont want to pay 200 for a new remote when I want to go aftermarket

·
Registered
16 Posts
who1975 said:
Just got our Used Outlook and have been playing with the remote start. Without reading the directions like I should have, I thought the range was terrible. It ended up being a combination of me not know what buttons to press in order to get the remote start to start. After reading the directions, the range is pretty good for me. I can start it standing in my school that I work at behind brick and concrete all the way across the parking lot no problem. I have not tried to see how far I can go with it still starting but will do some tomorrow and take a picture. I agree with you that the batteries might have something to do with it.

Bill
Can you tell us what buttons you press properly to get this to work?

·
Registered
754 Posts
the instructions are on the back of the remote FOB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts