Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I renewed OnStar today for $148.92 for 14 months, rollover unused minutes, and 100 free minutes.

I read the various topics about renewing OnStar on the lambda forums to find out the best deal. So on the way home from work tonight, I pushed the blue button and the OnStar advisor answered. I asked about renewing OnStar so she switched me to sales. The next operator said I could renew for $199 for 12 months or continue month-to-month at $18.95 per month. I said my friends on the internet were reporting they had renewed for $148.92 for 14 months, rollover unused minutes, plus 100 free minutes. She asked if I had received an offer from OnStar and I said no but this is what my friends on the Lambda forums had shared. She said she would have to check what offers were available. After about 30 seconds she came back and said she couldn’t help me but that she would transfer me to another department that could. When the third operator came on and asked how she could help, I repeated my request. After just a few seconds, she said she could give me this offer - though she called it 148.92 for 12 months, plus two free months. She said my rolled over minutes, plus the 100 free minutes would expire March 3, 2010. When I pointed out that that wasn’t the same end date as my renewed OnStar subscription, she said if I have any unused minutes when March 3rd comes around again, just call in before then and they’ll roll them over.

Thanks to all my Lambda friends for the help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Our trial year is up this month, and I don't think we are going to renew. We never used it, even though the safe and sound sounds enticing, I just can't justify their pricing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doropallo said:
Our trial year is up this month, and I don't think we are going to renew. We never used it, even though the safe and sound sounds enticing, I just can't justify their pricing.
I have never used mine either. I felt the cost was resonable for safety and hope to never need it. I made my 80 year old Mom renew her's because she still driving - mostly by herself - and I could imagine an accident and she can't get to her cell phone because it flew under the seat, out the window, she can't reach her purse, the battery popped off, etc. Then I was thinking the same could happen to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 'Internet Special' still works. I was able to renew for 1 year today for $149 plus 2 months additional free and 100 free minutes plus roll-over of the remainging 81 that would expire soon. The rep said she had to clear giving both the 2 months addition AND 100 free minutes. She acted like one or the other was their standard allowance. Don't use it much, but would hate to be with it.

Bill

'08 Outlook XR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts