Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can replace a second row bench seat with captains chairs?

If it is possible would anyone wanna swap? I have tan leather in a Saturn Outlook.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think you can. There was some discussion over on the Acadia board indicating that the floors are drilled and stamped differently. Unless of course you see that as a minor issue....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gerry - yeah i guess that MIGHT be a bit of a problem. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
44 Posts
GerryL said:
I don't think you can. There was some discussion over on the Acadia board indicating that the floors are drilled and stamped differently. Unless of course you see that as a minor issue....
I would be very surprised if there were any differences in the floor itself. More likely there are caps and/or trim to cover the unneeded rails or connection points.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone figured this one out......??????? I'm going to be doing this same thing..

__________ Revised _____________________

Ok, so after seeing this photo. I'm now going to take my left dual seat out and see if is has 2 bolt patterns! My guess is that it will. Saturn is not stupid so why would they design 2 floor types??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, so I took a look under the left hand second row seat and guess what I found!!!!!!

Yep, So I'm calling the dealer and ordering my new seats... I'll post all of the installation photos when they come in.

If anyone else has something to add that I'm missing please do so.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you made any progress on the replacement of the bench? I am wondering if I can do the same thing in my Outlook. The Acadia posts say no and this one says yes.

thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is my first posting, just bought an 2008 XR last week with a tan leather interior and guess what? It had bucket seats in the middle row and I wanted a bench. The dealer said "no problem" and switched them for me at no cost. I purchased the vehicle used from Northland Auto Centre in MN. Call Mark Wolbert at 1-866-661-3658 or email him at [email protected], he can likely give you some details on what's all involved in making the swap. Northland specializes in repairing Saturn's that have been in accidents. They should have the set of tan leather buckets that they swapped out of my vehicle that they may want to sell. Good luck!

Randy Kurtz

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
kurtzr said:
Hi everyone,

This is my first posting, just bought an 2008 XR last week with a tan leather interior and guess what? It had bucket seats in the middle row and I wanted a bench. The dealer said "no problem" and switched them for me at no cost. I purchased the vehicle used from Northland Auto Centre in MN. Call Mark Wolbert at 1-866-661-3658 or email him at [email protected], he can likely give you some details on what's all involved in making the swap. Northland specializes in repairing Saturn's that have been in accidents. They should have the set of tan leather buckets that they swapped out of my vehicle that they may want to sell. Good luck!

Randy Kurtz
kurtzr, :welcome:.
That is some great dealer you have to switch out the seats :thumb:. Did they have to drill new holes or......? How long did it take and did you get new seats?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sorry I can't give you too many more details. I live in Canada and bought the vehicle from Northland Auto in Minnesoda via the internet plus alot of pictures and phone calls. The dealer did all the work swithcing the seats before I got to see the vehicle, however they did say it was a fair amount of work. The 2008 Outlook I bought only had 5,000 miles on it and it had bucket seats in the middle, but I wanted a bench. The dealer had another one in stock that had 25,000 miles on it with a bench seat in the middle. As I mentioned in my first post, Northland Auto specializes in repairing Saturns that have been in accidents. They were repairing both these vehicles and were happy to make the swap for me at no cost. In my first post I gave you the contact info for Mark Wolbert at Northland. Send him a quick email, he was great to work with and I am sure he will respond to you with what is all involved in swithcing the seats and maybe they have a spare set of bucket seats for you.

Randy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates on this one? I'd like to replace my bench with captains chairs, if its even possible. Any success or failure stories would be appreciated. Much thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought an 08 Saturn like yours. Mine has two leather captains chairs in the middle. I want a bench seat. My seats are tan leather. Let me know either way if you would. Thanks, Mike. Call me if you'd like. Mike Stone 423 552 0048 cell

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just finished swapping out my bench for bucket with out any problems on my 2009 outlook. If anyone needs a second row bench I have one black cloth

·
Registered
754 Posts
post this on the Acadia/Enclave/Traverse forum..

I know there was recent post about bench/captains.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am interested in trading my second row bench for second row captains chairs. They are black cloth. Let me know if you want to swap. They are located in Indianapolis in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts