Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum so I thought I would try to make a helpful contribution that I would hope to get stickied for those who need to perform this procedure as well. I haven't really seen any solid information on changing the front turn signal bulbs, so I wanted to make a straightforward guide on how to do so. This process can be made easier by lifting the front of the car, but please be aware that you will have limited room to put your hands in unless you remove the wheels from the vehicle, which I didn't find necessary to do.

In the video, I am replacing the regular bulbs with LED bulbs, so I will be adding in a load resistor as well to eliminate hyper flash. If you're not converting to LED bulbs, Don't worry about it, just replace it with your regular bulbs.

What You Will Need
  • 4x 12272NA Bulbs (be prepared to have to order them as they aren't very common unless you go to the dealer to get them)
  • A Phillips Screwdriver
  • (OPTIONAL) A Floor Jack
  • Jack Stands (If you're going to use the floor jack)
The Process (If you choose not to lift the front of the car to make it easier, skip to the 3rd bullet.)
  • Put the parking brake on.
  • Lift the front of the vehicle (both sides) at the pinch welds and secure it with jack stands. Ensure that the jack and the jack stands that you are using are rated for the vehicle, as this vehicle is almost 7,000 pounds.
  • Figure out which side you will be starting on and turn the wheel all the way in the opposite direction of that side. Since I will be starting on the driver's side, I will be turning the wheel all the way to the right.
  • Remove the 6 screws holding the plastic wheel wells in place. 4 are located on the front side and 2 are located on the bottom.
  • Pull the wheel well back to reveal the inside of the bumper. Here you will see the 2 bulbs in the driver's side.
  • Twist the bulbs to the left to get them out.
  • There is a small tab at the very bottom of the connector that connects to the bulb. Press this tab and pull the bulb out, and repeat for the other one.
  • Put the new bulbs in. They will only go in one way, so don't worry about putting them in backwards.
  • Put the bulbs back into the housing and twist them to the right to get them to lock in. Make sure they are straight in and not on any kind of angle.
  • Replace the 6 screws that hold the plastic wheel wells in.
  • Repeat this process for the other side.
Here's the video in case any of this is unclear.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very nice. Thank you.

How much were the resistors and where did you find them?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts