Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Resale

35K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  williamsmith518 
#1 ·
get out while you can, try to sell your outlook worth beens crazy since its the same as the acadia, you will be surprised, same with chrysler, get educated look for better alt. fuel mileage on the outlook is no where near advertised, and on resale they know it and will use it against you

#3 ·
I dont think you should have a problem--- just keep your vehicle till you hit 150-200,000 miles and by that time- youve used it well...

#6 ·
Given the deal I got on my 2010 XR compares to the used Traverses out there, I think the resale has taken a hit due to the Saturn not being made anymore. My Outlook was close to $5,000 less than a comparable Traverse. The used Acadias were even more.

I'm glad I was able to take advantage of it on the buying end though. :thumb:

#8 ·
There are a few dealers around here selling OUTLOOKs and the #'s they are asking are encouraging :cheers:. If they get it or not is a different story ::).

#10 ·
My 2010 XR w/ bluetooth, BU camera, towing package, leather, pwr pass seat, remote start, etc. with 12K miles was $29,700. We looked at a similarly equipped used Traverse and it was $36K, even lesser equipped they were over $30K. No Acadias ever turned up in my Lambda search for 2009-2010 models under $30K. The dealer had several 2010 XEs that were in the mid $20's, all with under 30K miles.

#11 ·
07 lease turn in with 82k. Under 20k$
Have everything but dvd and 6 disc. Was BT available in 07? Was the BU camera? dont have those if they were.
AWD XR leather Nav remote start tow package pass pwr 7 seater. For the miles and price I think its a good deal. Given this paltform still has a few years left under its belt imo.

If you say it has misrepresented MPG and so forth look at it this way. These are replacing the GMT360 platform as well as the tahoes and stuff. They got crappy MPG as well. They just upgraded to something that looks better ;)

#12 ·
The backup camera was not available on the 07 Outlook and neither was bluetooth.

#13 ·
#14 ·
I just bought a used 2007 Outlook XR AWD with every option on it. It also was GM certified with only 34000 miles. I paid $23970 for it. Will get it next Friday. I think I got a good deal as I was looking at used GM Certified Acadias with 20000 more miles that were $4000 more. To me, I plan on keeping this one while so the Outlook was a better value, especially with all the toys. I once had a 2007 Acadia but sold it and have regretted it since the day I sold it.

Bill

#15 ·
who1975 said:
I just bought a used 2007 Outlook XR AWD with every option on it. It also was GM certified with only 34000 miles. I paid $23970 for it. Will get it next Friday. I think I got a good deal as I was looking at used GM Certified Acadias with 20000 more miles that were $4000 more. To me, I plan on keeping this one while so the Outlook was a better value, especially with all the toys. I once had a 2007 Acadia but sold it and have regretted it since the day I sold it.

Bill
who1975 :welcome: to the OUTLOOK forum. I think I remember you on the Acadia forum :confused: I hope you OUTLOOK will be a great vehicle. It's amazing how much more $$$$ used Acadia's go for and it's the same thing but that's what we get when we have a discontinued model :sosad: anyhow enjoy and what color combination do you have?

#16 ·
I found the same when I got mine back in June. I was looking at 2009 or 2010 Lambdas under $30K and lots of Outlooks came up, a few Traverses but never an Acadia.

#17 ·
6Sixathome said:
who1975 :welcome: to the OUTLOOK forum. I think I remember you on the Acadia forum :confused: I hope you OUTLOOK will be a great vehicle. It's amazing how much more $$$$ used Acadia's go for and it's the same thing but that's what we get when we have a discontinued model :sosad: anyhow enjoy and what color combination do you have?
Yep, that was me on the Acadia forum. I regretted each day after we sold our Blue Gold Crystal Acadia. We bought a Toyota Tundra Crewmax and I loved it, but my wife was not that excited about it. Almost owned it 2 years and then sold it for more than I bought it for. Now I am making amends for losing the Acadia with this fully loaded Outlook. It is the Carbon Metallic color with black leather interior. My wife was not too excited about the black leather, but I could not find an Outlook with the correct options on it with the light gray interior. It is weird, but I find myself getting excited about getting it. Like a kid in a candy store. We have owned some pretty nice cars in the past, but this one has every option and talking with the previous owner, she took great care of it. I am looking forward to getting it and seeing the similarities and differences to the Acadia. :thumb:

Bill

#18 ·
You'll love the ebony interior, that's what I have in my '09. My '07 OUTLOOK was dark blue with light gray and it was almost a bear to keep clean (4 kids). Did you buy from a private seller or a dealer? I'm sure you know this but did you happen to ask if all the recalls have been done?

#19 ·
6Sixathome said:
You'll love the ebony interior, that's what I have in my '09. My '07 OUTLOOK was dark blue with light gray and it was almost a bear to keep clean (4 kids). Did you buy from a private seller or a dealer? I'm sure you know this but did you happen to ask if all the recalls have been done?
I bought it GM certified from a dealer in WI. i live in Ohio so it is being delivered this weekend. I did not ask about the recalls, but I had planned on checking when I got it here and taken it to the dealer I go to for service. I thought the same thing about the ebony interior but was wondering if they get really hot sitting out in the sun during the summer months.

Bill

#20 ·
No it really does'nt get too steamy with the ebony interior if you keep the sunroof blinds closed. How are they delivering it?, meaning are they driving or is it to be put on a trailer?

#21 ·
6Sixathome said:
No it really does'nt get too steamy with the ebony interior if you keep the sunroof blinds closed. How are they delivering it?, meaning are they driving or is it to be put on a trailer?
I originally wanted it on a trailer, but the cost was too much. I debated flying up there to get it. $250 for a plane ticket plus maybe $100 in gas. But, I found a site uship.com that has people bid on your shipment. Found a retired Marine that would do it for $300 (that is including insurance and gas). He was already delivering a truck to Wisconsin and then needed to head to Buffalo to get another truck so he said he could pick up the Outlook and drop it off on his way to buffalo. He has different services but this price is for the driveaway service. I thought, I might as well pay someone to drive it so I don't have to take time out to do it (well, that is what my wife told me, I would have flown up there in a heartbeat). The guy has great feedback and he will personally be driving it so I felt comfortable enough pulling the trigger on it.

Did you ever have any problems with your sunroof leaking? I remember reading a ton on the acadia forum about leaking sunroofs, but the previous owner swore to me that she never had any problems with them.

Bill

#22 ·
who1975 said:
Did you ever have any problems with your sunroof leaking? I remember reading a ton on the acadia forum about leaking sunroofs, but the previous owner swore to me that she never had any problems with them.

Bill
Not my '09, but my '07 did and we went back and forth with GM until we came to an agreement and I ended up with my current OUTLOOK. The best thing for you to do is have your dealer check to see if the sunroof recall has been done and all other recalls, did you buy the OUTLOOK unseen?

#23 ·
6Sixathome said:
Not my '09, but my '07 did and we went back and forth with GM until we came to an agreement and I ended up with my current OUTLOOK. The best thing for you to do is have your dealer check to see if the sunroof recall has been done and all other recalls, did you buy the OUTLOOK unseen?
Unfortunately, yes I bought it sight unseen. Probably not the best choice, but with it being 700 miles away, I pretty much had no choice. I am assuming because it is GM certified, if there are any open recalls, I can get them done back here in Columbus.

Bill

#24 ·
who1975 said:
Unfortunately, yes I bought it sight unseen. Probably not the best choice, but with it being 700 miles away, I pretty much had no choice. I am assuming because it is GM certified, if there are any open recalls, I can get them done back here in Columbus.

Bill
You should be OK, GM certified I think would of done any/all open recalls. You should get a 12 mo 12K warranty with a cert vehicle besides the original powertrain warranty of 5yr/100K.

#25 ·
6Sixathome said:
You should be OK, GM certified I think would of done any/all open recalls. You should get a 12 mo 12K warranty with a cert vehicle besides the original powertrain warranty of 5yr/100K.
One would hope so....your dealer can run you the GM VIS service report for you and it would tell you if there are any open recalls to be done. They shouldn't have anything to hide and it would be good for you to see this data as well.

#26 ·
My '10 was certified and they didn't catch the broken driver's side lumbar adjuster and the non-functional top 3 defroster lines. :angryfire:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.