Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
6Sixathome said:
No it really does'nt get too steamy with the ebony interior if you keep the sunroof blinds closed. How are they delivering it?, meaning are they driving or is it to be put on a trailer?
I originally wanted it on a trailer, but the cost was too much. I debated flying up there to get it. $250 for a plane ticket plus maybe $100 in gas. But, I found a site uship.com that has people bid on your shipment. Found a retired Marine that would do it for $300 (that is including insurance and gas). He was already delivering a truck to Wisconsin and then needed to head to Buffalo to get another truck so he said he could pick up the Outlook and drop it off on his way to buffalo. He has different services but this price is for the driveaway service. I thought, I might as well pay someone to drive it so I don't have to take time out to do it (well, that is what my wife told me, I would have flown up there in a heartbeat). The guy has great feedback and he will personally be driving it so I felt comfortable enough pulling the trigger on it.

Did you ever have any problems with your sunroof leaking? I remember reading a ton on the acadia forum about leaking sunroofs, but the previous owner swore to me that she never had any problems with them.

Bill

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
who1975 said:
Did you ever have any problems with your sunroof leaking? I remember reading a ton on the acadia forum about leaking sunroofs, but the previous owner swore to me that she never had any problems with them.

Bill
Not my '09, but my '07 did and we went back and forth with GM until we came to an agreement and I ended up with my current OUTLOOK. The best thing for you to do is have your dealer check to see if the sunroof recall has been done and all other recalls, did you buy the OUTLOOK unseen?

·
Registered
15 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Not my '09, but my '07 did and we went back and forth with GM until we came to an agreement and I ended up with my current OUTLOOK. The best thing for you to do is have your dealer check to see if the sunroof recall has been done and all other recalls, did you buy the OUTLOOK unseen?
Unfortunately, yes I bought it sight unseen. Probably not the best choice, but with it being 700 miles away, I pretty much had no choice. I am assuming because it is GM certified, if there are any open recalls, I can get them done back here in Columbus.

Bill

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
who1975 said:
Unfortunately, yes I bought it sight unseen. Probably not the best choice, but with it being 700 miles away, I pretty much had no choice. I am assuming because it is GM certified, if there are any open recalls, I can get them done back here in Columbus.

Bill
You should be OK, GM certified I think would of done any/all open recalls. You should get a 12 mo 12K warranty with a cert vehicle besides the original powertrain warranty of 5yr/100K.

·
Registered
252 Posts
6Sixathome said:
You should be OK, GM certified I think would of done any/all open recalls. You should get a 12 mo 12K warranty with a cert vehicle besides the original powertrain warranty of 5yr/100K.
One would hope so....your dealer can run you the GM VIS service report for you and it would tell you if there are any open recalls to be done. They shouldn't have anything to hide and it would be good for you to see this data as well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My '10 was certified and they didn't catch the broken driver's side lumbar adjuster and the non-functional top 3 defroster lines. :angryfire:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
salguod said:
My '10 was certified and they didn't catch the broken driver's side lumbar adjuster and the non-functional top 3 defroster lines. :angryfire:
Get um in and get um sold is what some dealers doo :sosad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Get um in and get um sold is what some dealers doo :sosad:

Getting the Outlook tomorrow morning. I am hoping that the dealership did not do this with my Outlook. We will see. I can't wait to see it. :cheers:

Bill

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
who1975 said:
Getting the Outlook tomorrow morning. I am hoping that the dealership did not do this with my Outlook. We will see. I can't wait to see it. :cheers:

Bill
Good luck and post some pics :thumb:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, I bought my 2010 XR with 12K and certified for $29,700 last June, so those prices don't seem too bad for me. A completed items search is more valuable and a search for completed 'Saturn Outlook XR' showed 27 results, only one sold, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-SATURN-OUTLOOK-XR-AWD-NAVIGATION-DVD-EVERY-OPTION-/180619351277?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a0dc094ed"]a 2008 with 67K for $21K[/url]. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XR-L-Factory-Certified-SUV-3-6L-Remote-engine-start-/280583918833?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item41541ad4f1"]This 2010[/url] is nearly the same as mine, except for 7 pass. seating and no tow package and it's about $1K less, not bad for 7.5 months later.

So, yeah, they've taken a dive since Saturn died, but since then seem to have leveled off.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, since I posted that, a guy in hte 'Outlook deals' thread said he bought nearly the same Outlook that I have, almost the same mileage too, for some $3K less than mine. :eek:hno:

I'm in it for the long haul anyway, so resale is of little importance to me.

I think a big part of this is perspective. As one who bought used after the initial drop, the lower prices meant I was able to get more vehicle than I thought I could afford. For those of you who bought new back before Saturn's demise, seeing the value drop has to be hard to take.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
who1975 said:

Bill
Well, did you get your OUTLOOK and was it everything you expected? Any pics? Did it arrive in one pc? I hope yes to everything :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Well, did you get your OUTLOOK and was it everything you expected? Any pics? Did it arrive in one pc? I hope yes to everything :thumb:
Sorry I did not respond any sooner. Things have been really busy since Saturday night when we got the Outlook. I will try to post some pictures once I get some taken. The Outlook is Sweet!! It is everything and more than what I had imagined. There were a couple of minor things that needed to be addressed like the drivers door was a little out of alignment (rubbing the very bottom of the fender). Dealership I bought it from swears that it had never been in an accident. My dealership here in Columbus would not fix it because they said it was not something covered under any type of warranty. No big deal since I took out a wrench and did it myself. It is not perfect but it is no longer rubbing the fender. The Driver's seat track had something stuck in it so they replaced it and they did the latest recall for the timing chain. I guess the recall just came out. Other than that, I hear a little medal rattle once in a while coming from somewhere in the roof area. Not sure where it is coming from. Not too big of a deal. If I can track it down I will have the dealership fix it.

Besides those little things, the Outlook drives like a dream. I think the original owner had the 3M film applied to the front of the Outlook as well as the door edges. I get a lot of compliments about it. I am thinking about getting the GM lockpick for the nav. And possibly some running boards. Debating between chrome and black. Found some on ebay for $189.

Bill :cheers:

I had a GMVIS report done and all the recalls had been taken care of when they came out so that was good to know.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
who1975 said:
Sorry I did not respond any sooner. Things have been really busy since Saturday night when we got the Outlook. I will try to post some pictures once I get some taken. The Outlook is Sweet!! It is everything and more than what I had imagined. There were a couple of minor things that needed to be addressed like the drivers door was a little out of alignment (rubbing the very bottom of the fender). Dealership I bought it from swears that it had never been in an accident. My dealership here in Columbus would not fix it because they said it was not something covered under any type of warranty. No big deal since I took out a wrench and did it myself. It is not perfect but it is no longer rubbing the fender. The Driver's seat track had something stuck in it so they replaced it and they did the latest recall for the timing chain. I guess the recall just came out. Other than that, I hear a little medal rattle once in a while coming from somewhere in the roof area. Not sure where it is coming from. Not too big of a deal. If I can track it down I will have the dealership fix it.

Besides those little things, the Outlook drives like a dream. I think the original owner had the 3M film applied to the front of the Outlook as well as the door edges. I get a lot of compliments about it. I am thinking about getting the GM lockpick for the nav. And possibly some running boards. Debating between chrome and black. Found some on ebay for $189.

Bill :cheers:

I had a GMVIS report done and all the recalls had been taken care of when they came out so that was good to know.
I got your PM and glad everything is :thumb: with nothing major.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just completed an extensive search for my first CUV, to replace our aging mini-van. We quickly settled on Lambda platform and spent almost a month shopping, comparing, and test driving.

Here is what I learned:

1. Clean used Lambdas under 40K miles are hard to find.

2. When you do find one, it moves quickly

3. Dealers price the Outlook XE below other comparable Lambda models, but the XRs seem to be comparably priced.

4. The XRs are worth the extra $$

We finally found a super clean 2009 XR with only 26K miles, cream white with light grey leather. No sunroofs, which is fine with me, and no DVD or backup cam. It does have the 3 zone climate control and V92 towing package.

GMC Dealer had it listed for $29,900, after some haggling bought it for $27,700

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
j4jenk said:
I just completed an extensive search for my first CUV, to replace our aging mini-van. We quickly settled on Lambda platform and spent almost a month shopping, comparing, and test driving.

Here is what I learned:

1. Clean used Lambdas under 40K miles are hard to find.

2. When you do find one, it moves quickly

3. Dealers price the Outlook XE below other comparable Lambda models, but the XRs seem to be comparably priced.

4. The XRs are worth the extra $$

We finally found a super clean 2009 XR with only 26K miles, cream white with light grey leather. No sunroofs, which is fine with me, and no DVD or backup cam. It does have the 3 zone climate control and V92 towing package.

GMC Dealer had it listed for $29,900, after some haggling bought it for $27,700
j4jenk, :welcome:

Glad to see another OUTLOOK owner :thumb: Your's does NOT have the back-up cam?, does it have the power liftgate? I thought all XR's had the back-up cam standard ???

·
Registered
396 Posts
6Sixathome said:
I thought all XR's had the back-up cam standard ???
So did I; I thought it was standard on 09's regardless of trim level

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
AA/78U said:
So did I; I thought it was standard on 09's regardless of trim level
I can't find any info anywhere about the back-up cam for the '09 :confused:, even my '09 OUTLOOK says optional for the XE but no check mark for the XR as standard or optional ???

21 - 40 of 41 Posts