Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, I notice a little water dripping down my passenger side D Pillar, but I never got it looked at. This year, I noticed a substantial amount of water dripping into through the D Pillar during the first heavy rain of the season. I know there's several threads on sunroof leaks, but my Outlook doesn't have a sunroof. Anyway, I took it into service and referenced some of the TSB # and was told that those didn't apply to my VIN.

The techs conducted some test and found that the leak was a result of a loose housing on my XM Antenna. I spoke to GM customer service and they made sure that the service was covered under my extended warranty. I've taken several trips with snowboards that have cause the antenna to beld slightly, but not drastic enough to cause this leak. But to those out there with long cargo boxes that bend the antenna's, be carefull, it could lead to a leak. Maybe there's a stubby style or BMW sharkfin anntenna available.

Photos:

New antenna

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Thanks for the information. There are members on other boards who haul items on their roof racks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That was excellent work by the GM customer service rep to get that covered under your extended warranty. One of the few exclusions to the GMPP includes water leaks or wind noise.

Glad you got it fixed with no further cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts