Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the plugs on my 07 Outlook. 152,000 on those plugs!!! OK so I waited a bit too long. It has been running well but now that I have changed the plugs it is rough when idling. I had one tube the plugs are in that had about 3/8" of oil in it. Could this oil be the problem cause after I pulled the plug it would drain into the piston? Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

Just got back from the auto parts store. They ran the codes for me. Came back as running lean and a misfire. Could this be caused by e knocking loose a vacuum hose????

OK, more info. I finally had some tie to dig around to see what is going on. Vacuum leak!!! The leak, if looking from the front of the truck, is located on the back left side of the intake, just above the left rear plug. There is a tibe sticking out there that has nothing attached to it. Now my question is, what attaches to it? I dug and dug but could not find anything to attach to it. It there a cap for it or a hose??? Thanks for all the looks so far, hope someone can help me out!

·
Registered
17 Posts
curry391 said:
OK, more info. I finally had some tie to dig around to see what is going on. Vacuum leak!!! The leak, if looking from the front of the truck, is located on the back left side of the intake, just above the left rear plug. There is a tibe sticking out there that has nothing attached to it. Now my question is, what attaches to it? I dug and dug but could not find anything to attach to it. It there a cap for it or a hose??? Thanks for all the looks so far, hope someone can help me out!
That fitting is a vacuum port that should be capped unless you have adjustable engine mounts. This information was obtained from the emission hose routing diagram in the service manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts