Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original owner. Toronto, Canada 140,000 kilometres , all work done by dealer, under original warranty and extended warranty I had purchased. No longer under warranty. Love the SUV. Two major transmission overhauls performed (30k and 65k) on vehicle including 35R plate. My problem right now is the L does not work and SUV is bypassing 1st gear but runs well otherwise. Check engine light came and stayed on. I restarted the vehicle and it seems everything is back to normal-- it seems it has found 1st gear again and the L works. Check engine light still on. Any esteemed opinions on what it might be. I will take to dealer asap. Somewhat anxious.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Can you get any codes read? Sounds like maybe the TCM (Transmission Control Module) or a solenoid. When these transmissions are rebuilt, there is a very specific procedure that has to be followed to flush any containment out of the system Owner's have reported a year later after a rebuild of another transmission failure. Ccause has sometimes been plugged orifices or passages from contaminants.

Will auto parts stores read your code for free like here in most states? I believe a P0442 code relates to the TCM or solenoid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am getting two Codes. P0700 and P0716. Took for a brief ride and it runs normal-- hoping of course it is nothing "major".

·
Registered
214 Posts
yyz said:
Thanks for the reply. I am getting two Codes. P0700 and P0716. Took for a brief ride and it runs normal-- hoping of course it is nothing "major".
Search "Google" for Saturn Outlook P0716 code, and you will find many posts about it being the parts I mentioned, the TCM or the Solenoid Valve Body. It is definitely pointing to something in the transmission. Good luck and let us know what the dealer finds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ls973800 said:
Can you get any codes read? Sounds like maybe the TCM (Transmission Control Module) or a solenoid. When these transmissions are rebuilt, there is a very specific procedure that has to be followed to flush any containment out of the system Owner's have reported a year later after a rebuild of another transmission failure. Ccause has sometimes been plugged orifices or passages from contaminants.

Will auto parts stores read your code for free like here in most states? I believe a P0442 code relates to the TCM or solenoid.
P0700 TCM P0752 P0877 P0989 93,000+ miles

·
Registered
37 Posts
We are getting coded P0877 and P0989 on ours to. one morning just wouldnt get out of first gear, but once you turn it off and on, its working ok for now. Dealer said TCM control and some Value.. 2100.00 to start and then could run more once inside.. WE have a 2007 with 114000. I decided to take it to a transmission shop first . Around 35,000 and 77,000 the WAVE plate in the transmission was replaced. I cant believe its that again, GM should stand behind this transmission and make it right.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes they should, but they aren't. Oh sure, GM Customer service on this forum feels your pain and will direct you to a dealer, and if that one rips you off, recommend another one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts