Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Outlook that has a problem with the radio on shutdown. About 50% of the time the radio will not shut off when exiting the vehicle. Engine off, key in hand, drivers door open. The only way to shut down the radio is to manually shut it off. The only time it works flawlessly is when I took it to the dealer to get it fixed !! They couldn't get it to stay on and said they couldn't fix it if it didn't malfunction ! I would think there is a control module or a relay that is working intermittently. Anyone have any input ??

·
Registered
353 Posts
mohrrods said:
I have a 2009 Outlook that has a problem with the radio on shutdown. About 50% of the time the radio will not shut off when exiting the vehicle. Engine off, key in hand, drivers door open. The only way to shut down the radio is to manually shut it off. The only time it works flawlessly is when I took it to the dealer to get it fixed !! They couldn't get it to stay on and said they couldn't fix it if it didn't malfunction ! I would think there is a control module or a relay that is working intermittently. Anyone have any input ??
Hello mohrrods,

Sincere apologies to hear of your 2009 Saturn Outlook's radio shutdown failure. I definitely understand the displeasure this must create. Have you considered taking your vehicle in for an official diagnosis of this concern? Feel free to message us for additional assistance.

William R. (assisting Kelly & Jessica)
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have you considered taking your vehicle in for an official diagnosis of this concern? Feel free to message us for additional assistance.

Did you miss the part where he has already taken it to the dealer ship for an "official" diagnosis of this concern and they said there is nothing they can do because it isn't malfunctioning? :eek:hno:

The only time it works flawlessly is when I took it to the dealer to get it fixed !! They couldn't get it to stay on and said they couldn't fix it if it didn't malfunction !

·
Registered
27 Posts
ls973800 said:
Have you considered taking your vehicle in for an official diagnosis of this concern? Feel free to message us for additional assistance.

Did you miss the part where he has already taken it to the dealer ship for an "official" diagnosis of this concern and they said there is nothing they can do because it isn't malfunctioning? :eek:hno:

The only time it works flawlessly is when I took it to the dealer to get it fixed !! They couldn't get it to stay on and said they couldn't fix it if it didn't malfunction !
Sorry, can't hold it in any longer. It is nice of these GM Care people to chime in and help with problems but when every post starts with "have you taken your car to the dealer" or "you should take your car to the dealer" it really isn't helping. We all know that we can contact the dealer. Obviously we want to avoid that at all costs. It's like calling Onstar when you have a CEL. They want to book you into the dealer instead of just telling you what the diagnostic code is. These are my own opinions. I'm sure someone will jump all over me for my comments but if I took my Outlook to the dealer every time something went wrong, I wouldn't need to come here to see what other Outlook owners have done to fix their issues.

·
Registered
214 Posts
RobXR said:
Sorry, can't hold it in any longer. It is nice of these GM Care people to chime in and help with problems but when every post starts with "have you taken your car to the dealer" or "you should take your car to the dealer" it really isn't helping. We all know that we can contact the dealer. Obviously we want to avoid that at all costs. It's like calling Onstar when you have a CEL. They want to book you into the dealer instead of just telling you what the diagnostic code is. These are my own opinions. I'm sure someone will jump all over me for my comments but if I took my Outlook to the dealer every time something went wrong, I wouldn't need to come here to see what other Outlook owners have done to fix their issues.
That is exactly why I posted mine also. The canned responses to most of the owner's concerns are 1) I am sorry you are having that problem 2) I understand how you feel 3)Have you made an appointment with your certified GM dealer?

Heck, the original post even stated they had taken the car to a dealer who wouldn't do anything because the radio was actually working normally at the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad someone is reading the whole message !!! Just not the right one !I can hardly wait to get my customer service satisfaction survey from GM !!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
mohrrods said:
I'm glad someone is reading the whole message !!! Just not the right one !I can hardly wait to get my customer service satisfaction survey from GM !!!!
Do you have a sunroof? Mine used to leak and wreaked havoc with my electrical stuff. I had the rear wiper that worked without turning it on, the car that wouldn't shut off when the key was turned off, among some of my issues. That may point you in the right direction. If no sunroof then whatever module shuts down the radio when the door is opened is malfunctioning. You may want to contact a dealer ;).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Rob,
No I don't have a sunroof and I sure hope you are "pulling my chain" on the rest of your message !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found the problem with the radio shutdown caper ! A friend of mine ( a chevy mechanic) said ,"It's probably the door latch switch " I tried ,with the door open, closing the latch manually and letting it snap open the radio went off every time !! I had to demonstrate this to the dealer and finally convinced them to put in a new latch/switch assembly .Everything now AOK !!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts