Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANY GM DEALERSHIP PERFORM WARRANTY WORK ON A SATURN OR ONLY SATURN DEALERSHIPS? THE NEAREST SATURN DEALER IS OVER 1 1/2 HOURS AWAY. ONE DEALER I SPOKE TO SAID ANY GM DEALERSHIP COULD BUT SATURNS WEB SITE SAID ONLY SATURN.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I was told in a pinch that you could take it to any GM dealer but always try to use a Saturn dealer if possible. I know that not every GM dealer is certified to do body work on a Saturn through Saturn. Basicly Saturn dealers like to work on Saturns and every other brand likes to work on their brand as well, what I have found out is that if in need other dealers work on your vehicle usually with no problem. :thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a Buick dealer near my house and they said only Saturn could do warranty work, even though the Enclave is similar.
Also, it seems that many GM parts sites do not carry Saturn parts, in my few searches.

·
Registered
30 Posts
At the official Saturn web site there is an item you can click on to chat directly with a Saturn representative. I was shocked when I heard this (that Saturn warranty work had to be performed at a Saturn dealer). So I did a chat with the Saturn rep who confirmed this. Later, I asked my Saturn salesman what would happen if I was visiting my father in law in Decatur, IL and my Saturn broke down. "Just press the OnStar button and we will tow the car to the nearest Saturn dealer". Well.. if its 100 miles away, thats nice, but then how do I get my family to the dealer.

Just for scale I searched for Saturn, Buick, and GMC dealers in Illinois. There were over thirty five Buick and GMC dealers (either of which would be happy to do warranty work on the other) across the state. There were 11 Saturn dealers. Take out St. Louis and Chicago and you probably have 3-4.

The unwillingness to negotiate on price, plus this service issue was a deal killer for me. I still love how the Outlook looks though..

·
Registered
117 Posts
That is a bit disappointing to hear for those in rural areas. Interestingly enough, my dealer is a GMC/Chevy/Saturn multiplex.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wasn't too happy about that either but I still bought it. But its going to the shop Monday for a Sunroof. But I am getting a Outlook loaner car,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED. I WENT AHEAD AND BOUGHT ONE SINCE THEY WILL TOW TO NEAREST DEALER IF NEEDED.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts